Discussion topic: "There was an unexpected error" when logging into Sky Sports website

This message was authored by Espirian This message was authored by: Espirian

"There was an unexpected error" when logging into Sky Sports website

I've just joined Sky Stream including the sports pack. I used to be able to log in to the Sky Sports website on my old Sky account but now I'm asked to supply my surname as soon as I log in, and as soon as I submit it, the site comes back with "There was an unexpected error".

Sky Stream works fine through my TV but I can't work out why I'm not allowed to log in via the Sky Sports website.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: "There was an unexpected error" when logging into Sky Sports website

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Espirian 

Does your password have special character in it like @?$ etc....

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Espirian
Topic Author
This message was authored by Espirian This message was authored by: Espirian

Ah, that's indirectly led me to sorting it out! I went to https://skyid.sky.com/ to change the password, and when I logged in there, it asked for my title and surname (instead of just the surname). Those changes were accepted and now I can log in to Sky Sports.

And yes, my password does contain a special character, and that hasn't stopped me accessing Sky Sports.

Thanks!

This message was authored by rosie_br This message was authored by: rosie_br

If you’re having trouble logging into the Sky Sports website. Based on my search results, it seems that this issue is not uncommon and can be caused by different factors. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Clear your browser cache and cookies: Sometimes, clearing your browser’s cache and cookies can help resolve login issues. You can find instructions on how to do this for your specific browser by searching for “clear cache and cookies [browser name].”

Try logging in using a different device or network: If the issue persists, try logging in using a different device or network. If you’re able to log in successfully on another device or network, it could be an issue with your original device or network.

Otherwise, contact Sky Sports customer support: If the above steps don’t work, you can contact Sky Sports customer support for further assistance. I think they may be able to help you resolve the issue or provide additional troubleshooting steps.

I hope this helps!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion