Discussion topic: Your account is not authorised to access the My Sky App

This message was authored by Jennifer16 This message was authored by: Jennifer16

Your account is not authorised to access the My Sky App

I have been unable to access the My Sky App on my mobile phone since yesterday.  It requested me to enter my user name and password which is not something I usually have to do to open it.  On putting in my username and password I get the messge 'Your account is not authorised to access the My Sky App'  I have reset my password without any success.  When I sign in to the browser, it accepts my username and password but I am unable to access Billing (error message is 'This page is restricted' or Your products (error message is 'Technical error, its not you its us, try refresh - which doesnt help).  I cant figure out why this has happened all of a sudden.  

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Your account is not authorised to access the My Sky App

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jennifer16 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Jennifer16 to chat.

This message was authored by Jennifer161 This message was authored by: Jennifer161

The email advising that someone had replied to my post only came through at Thu, 29 Feb, 22:29 (9 hours ago) last night so I wasnt online to respond.  Is it possible to send me another invite?

@Jennifer161 @Jennifer16 

The chat invite is still there but was sent to your @Jennifer16 account as you appeared to have created a second account so you need to logout of that one and into your original one to see the chat bubble.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Jennifer16
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jennifer16 This message was authored by: Jennifer16

I am back online.  Is it possible to progress my query?

As you appear to have two accounts, are you logged into the MySky app with the correct one ?

Jennifer16
Topic Author

It would appear so

@Jennifer16 

I have escalated your post again so It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this, so if the bubble hasn't appeared by 7pm it will be tomorrow that they will contact you by it.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. @Jennifer161 already has a pending invite so if @Jennifer16 logs in using the Jennifer161 ID, the chat bubble is waiting.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion