Discussion topic: Sky website broken

This message was authored by gbtupper This message was authored by: gbtupper

Sky website broken

I have been endeavouring to switch to Sky Broadband since 21st January (now 1st March).  I keep receiving 'order delayed' and 'order update' automated text messages with links to the sky website to view the progress.  However, without fail, I get a 'technical error' message when I log in and cannot view any update.  Refreshing or 'trying again' simply brings me to the Sky homepage with zero information.  There is no record of my order in my account.  

When I click on 'My Orders' I get a message that simply says 'Contact to get an update'.

Unrelated but speaks to the terrible UX of the website, the 'Feedback' sidebar doesn't even open.  

The whole system seems poorly joined up and frankly utterly unusable and the only option is to sit and wait in a queue on the phone to speak to someone, despite updates supposedly available online.

Am I unlucky for some reason, or is this a typical, very poor experience for a new customer.

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Sky website broken

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @gbtupper. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Sky website broken

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion