Discussion topic: Verification

This message was authored by Stephen+Mourton This message was authored by: Stephen+Mourton

Verification

For some time now when I sign in to Sky Community I am each time being asked for Verification where I have to enter letters shown in the box.  This used to happen understandable when abroad but why back in the UK?

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Verification

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you using a VPN?

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
Stephen+Mourton
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stephen+Mourton This message was authored by: Stephen+Mourton

Not that I am aware of.  I don't have the black box with the four grey lines and one white one, if that is how you check?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

You would know if you were using a VPN, as it is something you need to setup youself

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Stephen+Mourton   Try checking your Country or location by IP address (Google it for a website). VPN is purely software,  not a box.

Stephen+Mourton
Topic Author

In that case no I haven't, as I would not know how to do it I'm afraid.

Stephen+Mourton
Topic Author

Sorry the box I was referring to was the one that is supposed to be in my status bar.

Stephen+Mourton
Topic Author

@MightyQuinn My IP address is in the UK

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I'm also occasionally asked to complete the Captcha requirement in order to log in. It probably is related to your IP address. Your router should be assigned a new IO address if you,turn it off at the plug for, say, 30 minutes.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion