Discussion topic: Sky News RSS Feed Not Working

This message was authored by ASW821 This message was authored by: ASW821

Sky News RSS Feed Not Working

What's happened to the Sky News RSS feed?

I have a Windows desktop app that normally receives this feed but for the past couple of days it hasn't been able to connect. It's the same on two different computers.

The server url that it normally connects to doesn't seem to be available when I try to access it via my browser.

Does anyone know if the server address has been changed (as has been the case once before).

It seems very odd to me as I haven't been able to find anyone else complaining about this.

Alan

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky News RSS Feed Not Working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ASW821  Have you checked the Sky new website for updates RSS links???  https://news.sky.com/info/rss

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

ASW821
Topic Author
This message was authored by ASW821 This message was authored by: ASW821

Yes, I've already been to that page. Not much use really as far as I can see. It tells you how to add a feed but doesn't tell you what the feed address should be.

Anyway, the point is that it worked until about two days ago but no-one else seems to have complained about it. That's why I'm wondering what's going on here.

Can you confirm what the correct RSS feed address should be?

Thanks,

Alan

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ASW821   I can't tell you what the correct feed should be the links provided includes all the current valid feeds.

You should be aware you're not talking to Sky support, nor will they respond to a forum post.

This is a customer helps customer forum.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion