Discussion topic: Security error message accessing Sky help article on Q box specifications

This message was authored by splinternet This message was authored by: splinternet

Security error message accessing Sky help article on Q box specifications

This article is the Sky information page for the various Sky Q boxes.  Does anyone else get this error when selecting any of the options:

Sky error screenshot.jpg

How to bring it to Sky's attention?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907 Answer

Re: Security error message accessing Sky help article on Q box specifications

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@splinternet wrote:

@MightyQuinn wrote:

Hi @splinternet   Yes all the links work. Note I am not signed in.

I've turned on Enhanced Security Protection in my Chrome settings and still get the problem.  What browser are you using?   (BTW - what's the significance of "I am not signed in"?)

@splinternet  if you hover over the link to page you posted, right click and open in incognito window, (meaning you won't be signed in, then you can click and open the PDF specs 

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

splinternet
Topic Author
This message was authored by splinternet This message was authored by: splinternet

Hmm - the first screenshot failed, second attampt:

Sky error screenshot.jpg

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@splinternet  You need to wait for the images to be approved, it does state this before you post.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

splinternet
Topic Author

OK it worked alright at second attempt. (Thinks:  why does the post not pause until the image has been approved?)

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @splinternet   Your link works fine for me but it may be an old page. The latest specifications can be found. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-software-updates

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@splinternet 

That's being generated by your browser because storage.sky.com doesn't have an associated SSL certificate and so isn't serving from an https address.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
splinternet
Topic Author

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@splinternet 

That's being generated by your browser because storage.sky.com doesn't have an associated SSL certificate and so isn't serving from an https address.

OK, so how do I notify Sky to get an associated SSL certificate for storage.sk.com ?   Do they read the forum?   I don't have time to wait 30 minutes in a call queue.  (Sky Chat seems to be a thing of the past)

splinternet
Topic Author

@MightyQuinn wrote:

Hi @splinternet   Your link works fine for me but it may be an old page. The latest specifications can be found. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-software-updates

@MightyQuinn  If you scroll down a few pages on the sky-software-updates page, you'll find this:

Sky error screenshot 2.jpg

What happens when you choose any of these options?   Do they work for you?

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

@splinternet wrote:

@MightyQuinn wrote:

@MightyQuinn  If you scroll down a few pages on the sky-software-updates page, you'll find this:

What happens when you choose any of these options?   Do they work for you?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@splinternet wrote:

OK, so how do I notify Sky to get an associated SSL certificate for storage.sk.com ?   Do they read the forum?   I don't have time to wait 30 minutes in a call queue.  (Sky Chat seems to be a thing of the past)

That's not an issue that Sky customer support could do anything about: frankly they are unlikely to even understand the topic.  It's a Sky web infrastructure administration thing: I can try putting it to one of the closed forums.

splinternet
Topic Author

@MightyQuinn wrote:

I've turned on Enhanced Security Protection in my Chrome settings and still get the problem.  What browser are you using?   (BTW - what's the significance of "I am not signed in"?)

@splinternet wrote:

I've turned on Enhanced Security Protection in my Chrome settings and still get the problem. 

Yes: that would actually make the issue more likely.  To view http content you typically need to reduce browser security settings, not make them more strict.  The instructions written by Google for Chrome are:

Chrome.png

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

I get the same error.

Never used to...

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907 Answer

@splinternet wrote:

@MightyQuinn wrote:

@splinternet  if you hover over the link to page you posted, right click and open in incognito window, (meaning you won't be signed in, then you can click and open the PDF specs 

Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

@splinternet wrote:

@MightyQuinn wrote:

Hi @splinternet   I was using Safari on my iPad Pro but I have just swapped over to using Chrome (everything default) on a Win 10 Pro laptop and again zero problems opening the links. The significance of not being signed in is the sky.com website behaves differently and presents different pages depending on whether you are signed in or not.

Trying Edge - zero problems. My ISP is BT.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion