Discussion topic: Not receiving any notifications of discussions I'm subscribed to

This message was authored by Pistonhead This message was authored by: Pistonhead

Not receiving any notifications of discussions I'm subscribed to

I'm not sure this is the right forum to place this as it applies to the three forums I visit: Sky Q, Sky Broadband and Sky Mobile. Perhaps a mod will move it if necessary.

Until recently I would receive email notifications of threads I subscribed to or contributed to. I've not made any changes to my profile and have checked my forum preferences that confirm I should receive them, but I am no longer receiving any emails from the forums. Has something changed at Sky's end to alter things?

I have a 'me.com' email address and used to subscribe to BT's user forums and could never receive email notifications there, I had to change it to an alternative email address which did work. Both BT and Sky forums are powered by Khoros and wonder if that is the problem. When I was with BT their forum administrator confirmed to me that they had problems (which they couldn't explain) with sending emails to subscribed threads if the email address was one of Apple's: me.com, icloud.com, mac.com.

Thanks for any comments/tips/suggestions if others have the same problem and been able to resolve it.

LG OLED65B1 • Apple TV 4K • Sky Superfast BB

Best Answers
This message was authored by Roger+Peters This message was authored by: Roger+Peters Answer

Re: Not receiving any notifications of discussions I'm subscribed to

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pistonhead 

Join the club, you are not alone.

Its a known issue and is affecting quite a few.

One of the Community Managers has confirmed it is under investigation by the development team who have an open ticket with Khoros.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Roger+Peters This message was authored by: Roger+Peters Answer

@Pistonhead 

Join the club, you are not alone.

Its a known issue and is affecting quite a few.

One of the Community Managers has confirmed it is under investigation by the development team who have an open ticket with Khoros.

Pistonhead
Topic Author
This message was authored by Pistonhead This message was authored by: Pistonhead

Thanks for the reply. Not sure it's a club I want to be a member of 😊

This message was authored by Roger+Peters This message was authored by: Roger+Peters

@Pistonhead 

"Not sure it's a club I want to be a member of"

Nor me😭

To quote Groucho Marx:-

"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member."

Pistonhead
Topic Author

For anybody else experiencing a lack of Notifications when using an Apple email address, I have found a solution that works for me, so may work for others:

I've had a very long-standing Apple 'me.com' email address that is the only one I have ever registered with my SkyID. I've been on these forums for 3ish years and have, up until recently, always received email notifications to threads I subscribe/contribute to using the 'me.com' email address. Suddenly I stopped receiving them.

I think Apple now only give 'icloud.com' email addresses out, but allow you to continue using 'me.com' and 'mac.com' addresses if they were created back in the days of  MobileMe - their early iCloud effort. Any emails sent to 'me.com' or 'mac.com' can also be received at 'icloud.com', where thefirst part of the email address before the @ symbol is the same.

My 'fix' to not receiving Notifications was to change the 'me.com' part of my email address to 'icloud.com' on my SkyID. Notifications are now arriving thick and fast 😊.

For some reason the Sky forums seem to no longer like the legacy 'me.com' email address.

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

This is interesting to read, i have tried adding my icloud.com as my Sky id email but it doesnt allow me to. It does however allow me add this as household account email address. Any ideas why Sky wont allow the use of icloud.com addresses?

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion