Discussion topic: Forum issue

This message was authored by merv60 This message was authored by: merv60

Forum issue

Can anyone help with this, please? I've been having this issue since last week on this forum whereby I keep being redirected to my page - About merv60 - when I click on links such as Discussions, What's On & various others. Sometimes it happens so much that I have to give up & sign out. I have done the clearing of cache & cookies & that hasn't fixed it. Any ideas? I use an Acer laptop & Google Chrome.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Forum issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's a possible format change being tested amongst a proportion of the Community membership as I understand it. Pending conclusion of the testing, the simplest (only?) solution is to try a different browser. Once testing is complete, I guess a decision will be made as to whether or not it should be imple,ended as a permanent feature.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Unexpected result of A/B testing, try Firefox

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
merv60
Topic Author

I have no idea what A/B testing is, can you explain, & I'm not prepared to change my browser?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

merv60
Topic Author

None the wiser as to what that has to do with my issue. Can someone help with simple not-too-techy suggestions, please?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@merv60  Not had that issue using chrome, do you have another browser to try?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

It's a possible format change being tested amongst a proportion of the Community membership as I understand it. Pending conclusion of the testing, the simplest (only?) solution is to try a different browser. Once testing is complete, I guess a decision will be made as to whether or not it should be imple,ended as a permanent feature.

This message was authored by Sam-R This message was authored by: Sam-R

If you are on mobile the menu may be popping in and obscuring other elements therefore you may be tapping your profile pic without knowing it before the menu properly disappears.

Changing the browser may help but you are pretty much stuck with this for now until the test concludes. We've asked how long the test is projected to be running for. 

Sam
Community Manager

merv60
Topic Author

Thank you for the answers that made sense. I had to click on Reply 3 times to be able to make this post as I was redirected the first 2 times, it is getting very annoying. Whatever test they ( whoever " they " are ) are doing, I hope it ends soon. 

@Sam-R  Will feedback such as I have given be sent to them? I'm using a laptop btw, not a phone. As I said earlier, I'm not prepared to change browsers, too much faffle & I don't have any other issues with Chrome to warrant it.

merv60
Topic Author

@Mark39 Are you saying that when the testing is done, if they implement whatever it is they're testing I could be stuck with the issue I'm having which makes this forum practically unusable? I've only been on here today for about 30 minutes & I reckon I've been redirected at least a dozen times. Surprised nobody else has mentioned it.

This message was authored by Sam-R This message was authored by: Sam-R

@merv60 wrote:

@Mark39 Are you saying that when the testing is done, if they implement whatever it is they're testing I could be stuck with the issue I'm having which makes this forum practically unusable? I've only been on here today for about 30 minutes & I reckon I've been redirected at least a dozen times. Surprised nobody else has mentioned it.

No, the issue you are seeing is specific to the test build. If the feature is built after testing success it won't do this. 

Sam
Community Manager

This message was authored by robert+petal This message was authored by: robert+petal

I'm having the same problem with Kindle and Opera. I suggest using the forum signed out, and only sign in briefly when you want to reply to something.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion