Discussion topic: Attempt to access my Microsoft Account when viewing Microsoft Security from sky.com domain

This message was authored by js12345dfsdfgsd This message was authored by: js12345dfsdfgsd

Attempt to access my Microsoft Account when viewing Microsoft Security from sky.com domain

Hello,

I noticed someone using the sky.com domain attempted to access my Microsoft Account when reviewing my Microsoft Security.

How do I report this to be investigated?

I sent it to: abuse@sky.com but it got rejected.

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Attempt to access my Microsoft Account when viewing Microsoft Security from sky.com domain

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@js12345dfsdfgsd 

Do you mean from an IP address assigned by Sky as an ISP?

Realistically, no ISP 'investigates' such things outside of receiving a court order, warrant or similar.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Attempt to access my Microsoft Account when viewing Microsoft Security from sky.com domain

@js12345dfsdfgsd 

Do you mean from an IP address assigned by Sky as an ISP?

Realistically, no ISP 'investigates' such things outside of receiving a court order, warrant or similar.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@js12345dfsdfgsd  If you don't want attempted hacks on your IP then you certainly shouldn't be posting that info in a public forum.

That post has now been removed.

The info provided by @TimmyBGood  is correct.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@js12345dfsdfgsd 

The address you posted is not 'someone using the sky.com domain' : it's a public IP dynamically assigned by Sky to one of their six million or so broadband subscription households

As I said, no-one 'investigates' such things without proof of an actual or alleged crime serious enough to convince a judge: an apparent (presumably failed) attempt at an unauthorized log-in is very far from that.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion