Discussion topic: Access to website 'THIS IS A BRAND NEW SITE' error message

This message was authored by catmel25 This message was authored by: catmel25

Access to website 'THIS IS A BRAND NEW SITE' error message

I am trying to access a website I know to be complete and functional- people at work can access it and I can access it on my phone when not using my wifi- but on my PC and laptop, I get either the message 'This site is deactivated' with a 'Not secure' message in the address bar or I get a plain white page with 'THIS SITE IS BRAND NEW PLEASE CHECK BACK AGAIN SOON' again, with a not secure message in the address bar.

I have tried restarting my PC/laptop and router (interestingly, I could access the site on my phone until I did that) and I have cleared my cache and tried disabling my antivirus but none of this has helped.
Any advice greatly received- I am a teacher and this is the website for our planning, so I really need access to it again... I know it works because a colleague was able to access, download and send me the documents I need for this week but that is not a sustainable solution!

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Access to website 'THIS IS A BRAND NEW SITE' error message

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It may be your browser that is preventing access. Check your browser settings, or try a different browser.

catmel25
Topic Author

Hi, thank you

Yes, I have tried altering Chrome's settings including setting the site to 'allow insecure content' and I have tried opeining the site on Edge and Opera.  I get the same message every time.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

A couple more things to try, if you haven't already:

1. try using your browser's incognito/privacy mode, jn case it's cache related

2. turn off your router at the plug for 30 minutes or so, which should give you a different IP address.

catmel25
Topic Author

Hi @Mark39 

Incognito mode doesn;t work either.

I have tried rebooting my router but not turning it off for 30 mins to get a new IP.  I will try that , thank you!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion