Discussion topic: Netflix won't link with my Sky Account

This message was authored by Searla This message was authored by: Searla

Netflix won't link with my Sky Account

Hi all,

So apologise in advance for the long-winded post - but I just don't know where to go next with the debacle that is Netflix and Sky Glass.

So, long story short, I took delivery of my Sky Glass in August 2021. When it arrived I logged into Netflix with my Brother's account. These were still the good old days of sharing accounts.

So, roll on a couple of years... Household sharing is now banned so I just want to use the Netflix account that is part of my Sky Ultimate TV package.

An then began 3 days of back and forth with Sky Support and Netflix support. Both of whom appear to have literally no idea how to resolve this issue.

So I'm fully logged out of my Brother's account, I have even factory reset my Sky Glass.

When I open the Netflix app now, I get to the Netflix Welcome Screen as you'd expect. I click "Join Now" and I'm prompted with the "add Netflix to your Sky Package" message/window. Click continue, and it says "connecting to Sky" - this eventually times out and gives the message "We are unable to process your request at the moment. Please try again later"

Sky support tells me that it's 100% a Netflix issue. Netflix doesn't really seem to understand what Sky Glass is - I have a 2 hours webchat transcript that is just jawdropping.

I just don't know what to do now - I'm paying for the upgraded Ultimate package and no way to access it?

I've tried going through the process via one of my Sky Pucks - the same issue persists.

Neither support seem to be willing or even able to help?

Surely I cant be left with a Sky Glass TV that I can't use the Netflix app on because I happened to log in with a family members account once upon a time?

Anyone been in the same scenario as me - any advice?

Thanks in advanced

Best Answers
Searla
Topic Author
This message was authored by Searla This message was authored by: Searla Answer

Re: Netflix won't link with my Sky Account

Hi @stein2011 

Just to confirm, for me, this was 100% a Netflix issue - it just took a few goes to eventually speak to someone who knew what they were doing. 

Essentially, they need to remove your email address/account from the Netflix account that you have been using/sharing in the past.

Best of luck, 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Searla
Topic Author

IMG_6442.jpgIMG_6443.jpgIMG_6444.jpgIMG_6445.jpg

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Searla  You need to contact Netflix and get them to unlink your brother's Netflix account from your sky account (only Netflix can do this) before you can use/create your own Netflix account to link to your sky account 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Searla
Topic Author

Is that definitely the only way - 3 hours with their support have suggested otherwise?

Thanks for the reply by the way 

@Searla  That's the only way , your brother may need to do this for you 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

Searla
Topic Author

Could this be the problem? His account is also linked with his sky account?

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Searla wrote:

Could this be the problem? His account is also linked with his sky account?

Almost certainly. 

Searla
Topic Author

Yeah, I'm getting nowhere here. I cant even get someone at Netflix to understand what I'm actually asking, never mind getting someone to fix it for me...

Searla
Topic Author

the latest back and forth with Netflix have told me to get Sky to remove Netflix from my account.

This really shouldn't be this hard....

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Searla wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting nowhere here. I cant even get someone at Netflix to understand what I'm actually asking, never mind getting someone to fix it for me...

You'll probably have to keep trying until you get someone at Netflix who understands how the Sky/Netflix linking works. 

Have you tried the live chat on the Netflix website?

https://help.netflix.com/en/contactus 

Type Sky in the describe your issue box and the chat option will appear, but you may need to login as your brother first. 

@Searla  I concur with @SlenderRobert @ post 10 it's definitely Netflix that needs to sort this 

you also need to ensure that your brothers Netflix account is only removed from your sky account and not from his as well as 

This message was authored by stein2011 This message was authored by: stein2011

Exact same thing is happening to me

Searla
Topic Author
This message was authored by Searla This message was authored by: Searla Answer

Hi @stein2011 

Just to confirm, for me, this was 100% a Netflix issue - it just took a few goes to eventually speak to someone who knew what they were doing. 

Essentially, they need to remove your email address/account from the Netflix account that you have been using/sharing in the past.

Best of luck, 

This message was authored by Robbaugh This message was authored by: Robbaugh

Hi what phone number for netflix so i can do this?

no matter what i do my tv is linked to my sons account which i use to use but now i subscribe via sky and it doesn't work

@Robbaugh wrote:

Hi what phone number for netflix so i can do this?

no matter what i do my tv is linked to my sons account which i use to use but now i subscribe via sky and it doesn't work

@Robbaugh  contact options can be found at the bottom of the Netflix homepage 

https://www.netflix.com/gb/

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion