Discussion topic: since the end of May I cannot access my Sky emails on my windows 10 outlookmail or through sky porta

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

since the end of May I cannot access my Sky emails on my windows 10 outlookmail or through sky porta

Since towards the end of may I have not been able to access my sky email either via the Sky /yahoo portal that has recently changed on Google or microsoft edge web browser also it has stopped on my outlook mail service which has resulted in me not being able to access my Sky emails on the computer.

trying to access it via the Google Browser on Sky/yahoo's new portal reqests me to sign in using my Sky ID which it allows me to sign in at that stage but on scrolling down from my name to sky yahoo mail it refuses to accept my password ?

I've followed the link to reset my password via the link and found it says you are not allowed to set up a new sky mail which I'm not I am only trying to access my original email service. 

having followed this action I then found that I had been logged out of the yahoo mail app on both my Andriod and also Apple Ios phones.

this has caused me somwhat distress in being unable to access my emails i am unable to get assitance from yahoo mail . after several attempts to reaccess my email on my ios phone I managed to get it reinstalled on the app via using my telephone number and two stage authentification .

as this email and also my other Yahoo email worked fine before on both web browsers and via outlook mail service .

ive managed to login to my yahoo account on my phone but cannot find any answer to this issue via Yahoo's help auto bot chat that has very little AI inteligence and only loops around non sensible questions none related to my issue. 

the oly thing that flags up on my yahoo is that they want me to sign up to yahoo plus and extort money out of me on a monthly basis , 

i am so naft off with Yahoo I may have to shut it down permantly as also fed up of phishing scam emails on their platfor and non encryption .perhaps someone on here can make sugestions though theses days tech companies leave it to their customers to find answers instead of informing them on a proper tech support basis. 

being a electronic enineer all my life if a company did not offer support to customers they would find themselves out of buisness before long .

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: since the end of May I cannot access my Sky emails on my windows 10 outlookmail or through sky p

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm a bit confused. There have been no changes to Sky Yahoo Mail. Nor are there likely to be. It's still accessible via any browser, so any issues are likely to be specific to your account.

Do I understand that you've managed to regain access to your Sky Yahoo Mail account?

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: since the end of May I cannot access my Sky emails on my windows 10 outlookmail or through sky p

@Anonymous wrote:

trying to access it via the Google Browser on Sky/yahoo's new portal reqests me to sign in using my Sky ID which it allows me to sign in at that stage but on scrolling down from my name to sky yahoo mail it refuses to accept my password ?

There is no new portal (AFAIK), and the log in for the email is here:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email

So what happens if you try to log in there?

Topic Author

I have still been unable to access my Sky email on the yahoo Sky login changing password does not fix this issue all it does is then kick my email off the yahoo app on my phone it's very frustrating that I can't find an answer to this even from contacting Sky directly trying to contact yahoo is totally impossible. I was given three numbers for yahoo support from a Sky support operative whilst I was on the phone to Sky all three numbers came back this number is unobtainable. 
I cannot get any support on this matter to resolve this issue either from Sky and yahoo is absolutely useless as regards to support and the support automated bot program is useless it just doesn't understand your question and throws questions back at you none related to your issue. 
these days with most tech companies they are removing telephone contact for AI automated bot programs what it needs is a human being who understands the issue and if they don't understand it they can escalate the issue to a higher support team.

Topic Author

All this link does is refuses to log me in with my current password if I change my password it still doesn't allow me to login on this link on any web browser. It also kicks the only access I have on the yahoo mobile app off and the only way to get that back is to a two stage authentication code for recovery . 
the reason I need to access on my PC is I need to access the filters to block domains of spam emails I'm getting that Yahoo allow to filter through . 
yahoo is not a very secure platform at all . I'm considering closing any account down that I have on the yahoo platforms both my yahoo email and Sky email account that utilises older yahoo severs platform. 
they are not encrypted and yahoo allows spammer and scammers to bombard there email accounts . It's appalling I can only think that yahoo has had data breaches . My emails I've had for years but I don't think I can trust yahoo and sky yahoo platform anymore. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Your post isn't very clear as to what is happening so what does happen when you use this link to access your emails:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

And, it looks like @Horus59 has left the forum.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Yep, presumably they've resolved it, one way or another.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion