Discussion topic: email not working

This message was authored by Pelsall116 This message was authored by: Pelsall116

email not working

My emails have stopped working - they were fine first thing but just tried to send and got error message - tried a different browser then my i-phone; same thing.

Is there a fault with the system or is it my account?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: email not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What is the error message ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nickysummers This message was authored by: nickysummers

I have the same problem.  The error message just says "there was a problem sending your email" and from the mobile app I just get an undeliverable message.  I also can't login via the internet to Sky Yahoo.

This message was authored by VicAm This message was authored by: VicAm

I can receive but not send this morning on all devices. 

This message was authored by David+D3 This message was authored by: David+D3

Same problem for me. Woke up this morning and emails not workin on iphone, laptop, safari etc.....Can't log into sky email on laptop. Message says...

"It looks like your browser is blocking cookies.

Please change your browser settings to allow cookies when logging into Sky.

If this problem continues, contact customer services.

Error Number: 289"

I haven't done or changed anything. It was fine last night.

This message was authored by jcopley This message was authored by: jcopley

I've got the blocked cookies message too. I'm waiting to receive an email and nothing. Can anyone help..

This message was authored by Caroline2206 This message was authored by: Caroline2206

Mine is the same, not receiving any emails from today and can't send, either from a web browser or from my iphone.

This message was authored by SheriffJWPepper This message was authored by: SheriffJWPepper

Sky or Yahoo seem to have made some email changes without communicating with their customers. So logging on through the web browser will have a tendency for most if not all to throw a 289 error relating to Cookes. I had to make changes to Edge settings since they're forcing Cookies up you. My Edge settings for Cookies are default for the 'Balanced' browser settings, the adjustments are below for MS Edge:

Settings > Cookies and site permission > Manage and delete cookies and site data > Allow > enter skyid.sky.com and tick the Third party box

This will let you in online.

What I can't do is send emails via Outlook 365 now. They just error straight back into my inbox.

If anyone is struggling at other levels don't forget the App password for email apps such as Outlook, I just tried changing mine, however there is definitely a fault with SMTP/POP stuff at Yahoo! going on.

Sky Yahoo Mail - Create App Password | Sky.com

This message was authored by SheriffJWPepper This message was authored by: SheriffJWPepper

For Microsoft Edge

Settings > Cookies and site permission > Manage and delete cookies and site data > Allow > enter skyid.sky.com and tick the Third party box

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jcopley wrote:

I've got the blocked cookies message too. I'm waiting to receive an email and nothing. Can anyone help..

Despite the message it's not a problem at the user end. I had the same error when trying to log in to my SkyID earlier. It should be fixed now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion