Discussion topic: change my MFA number

This message was authored by HowardDix This message was authored by: HowardDix

change my MFA number

HI, 

im trying to change the phone number associated with my account from my old phone mumber to my new one. 

im able to sign in and it sends me the MFA code. 

ive tried to change this via yahoo once im signed in but it never works. 

can anyone send me a link to change it ? it was setup 8+ years ago and i know the system has changed since then. 

thanks. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: change my MFA number

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm not clear what you're referring to. You've posted in the Email forum so I assume it's for Sky Yahoo Mail, but Sky's 2 step login has only been available for less than the last 12 months 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

As @Mark39 says it's not clear just what you are referring to.

Do  you have you a Sky email address? If so you do not administer it via Yahoo, it has to be done via Sky.

If it's a Yahoo address (and they have had 2FA running for much longer than Sky) then yes, you would administer it via them.

On Sky, to change the registered phone number you would need to turn of the 2FA using your recovery code and then re-enable it with the new number.

This message was authored by Nwood This message was authored by: Nwood

I'm having a similar problem with mobile number and authentication code.
my sky email has been hacked. I have managed to change my password but when I try to login, it sends an authentication code to my mobile.  Unfortunately the mobile number is not mine and has been updated by the hacker. 
I've contacted sky, who have told me they can't do anything and to contact Yahoo, I've contacted Yahoo and they have said they can't do anything, I need to contact sky. 

if anyone knows how I can change my mobile that would be great, I really need to get back in to my emails.

TIA

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

If you set up 2 step verification yourself and kept a separate note of the Recovery Code as Sky recommended, you might be able to use it to turn off the 2 step process.

If not, you'll have to pursue it though Sky, I'm afraid. Sky do have a team who can deal with this, but I don't think their existence is well understood by the front line advisers. It might help to point them to their guide,here - the bit in the box: https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-yahoo-mail/two-step-verif/articles/two-step-verification

Yahoo definitely can't fix this for you. I don't think they even use the same two step process.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion