Discussion topic: Yahoo emails disappeared from inbox

This message was authored by maty8 This message was authored by: maty8

Yahoo emails disappeared from inbox

I opened the email box on iPad & all Yahoo my emails had dissapeared from my in box, the folders and sent messages are all there.  All have dussaoeared from iPad & iPhone both Apples mail boxes & Yahoo app & Sky account via a browser.  I have tried deleting the app restoring and still the same, I've deleted it from Mail, tried to add back on and apples mail wont accept Yahoo although I'm clicking on the Yahoo link 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Yahoo emails disappeared from inbox

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If they're missing when you log in via a browser, it's probably the result of Yahoo's random habit of deleting emails without reason. You could try Yahoo's recovery procedure here: https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/recover-lost-deleted-emails-sln2552.html

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

If they're missing when you log in via a browser, it's probably the result of Yahoo's random habit of deleting emails without reason. You could try Yahoo's recovery procedure here: https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/recover-lost-deleted-emails-sln2552.html

maty8
Topic Author

Thanks Mark, will do that it's annoying, wish there was a way of backing up. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You could use a mail program and download then via the POP settings, if you want them left online as well you would need to select this option when setting it up. That way you will have a back up if Yahoo randomly delete emails which as @Mark39 has said they do have a habit of doing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
maty8
Topic Author

Thank you, will look into it as can't have missing emails! 

This message was authored by Cat+Kimb This message was authored by: Cat+Kimb

I have tonight lost about 4 years of emails out of my sky inbox (both on my iPhone and iPad). Both are slightly different with the iPhone showing only 2018 emails and nothing until yesterday, and the iPad inbox deleted back to 2022. Can anyone advise please? 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Cat+Kimb try logging in here to your email. It provides the definitive list of what's  there and what's not:https://www.sky.com/signin/email

maty8
Topic Author

I downloaded the Yahoo app to iPhone & iPad eventually they came back in the app & also onto the iPhone/ iPad,  they aren't synced so whatever's in yahoo mail on Apple Mail boxes you also have to delete seperatly on the app. From what I've read after Googling   I'm not sure if 4 years would come back. Ive thought about it might be worth to set up an email, not yahoo & send important ones to that so if yahoo disappears again at least they're forwarded & safe on a different address, if that makes sense?! 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@maty8 wrote:

if that makes sense?! 

Perfect sense as with Yahoo it is always worth backing up all your emails. Even though I don't use my Sky email account I have Gmail set up to collect anything that gets sent there as I still get the odd email so you could try something similar with an alternative email account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion