Discussion topic: Yahoo Email Account Problem

This message was authored by Denise24 This message was authored by: Denise24

Yahoo Email Account Problem

I have used Sky email for 15 years and I have recently rejoined Sky and I am now longer able to access my Yahoo email account. I have a new SkyID but I don't believe this would affect my original Sky ID. I get the following error message "We apologise for the inconvenience, but we have encountered a problem with your account. Please contact [phone number] for further assistance." I have called them but they are unable to resolve the issue as they are saying the original username does not exist.  I have 15 years worth of emails that I can no longer access, does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Yahoo Email Account Problem

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When did you last login to this account, and by this I mean via the Sky website ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Denise24
Topic Author

It was logged into daily via the Sky website but stopped working once we signed up for a new dea and spoke to the sales teaml? It could be a coincidence buy it doesn't seem like this is the case! 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Can you log in here, with your original email address?

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

@Denise24 wrote:

It was logged into daily via the Sky website but stopped working once we signed up for a new dea and spoke to the sales teaml? It could be a coincidence buy it doesn't seem like this is the case! 

I'm wondering if this is due to clashing cookies. Try using an incognito/private tab, or different browser.

Denise24
Topic Author

No. If I try to reset the password on the email sign in page it recognises my account and I pass the security question unique to that username but I get the same "account problem" error. 

If you get the request to ring them, they should be able to sort it for you, but the agents are very variable, so if the first one can't do it , try calling again and hope you get a more knowledgeable one next time. (you might need to try a few times)

However all they seem to do is force a password reset, so if you can log in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details try setting a new security question (I'm really surprised you knew your old one) and then use the edit password link from the same page to set a new one. Hopefully that will clear it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion