Discussion topic: Unable to add sky emails to iPhone after iOS 16.4.1 update

This message was authored by IainWishlade This message was authored by: IainWishlade

Unable to add sky emails to iPhone after iOS 16.4.1 update

I have had my sky emails on my iPhone for many years. I have been having intermittent problems with emails failing to load on a daily basis for some time but eventually each day I have been able to receive them. However yesterday after upgrading to IOS 16.4.1 I lost all access. I deleted the account but whenever i try to reinstall I get an error message - this varies between 'imap server not responding' and , 'no password entered'. I have tried generating an app password in my account but this is also throwing up the same error. Email works fine using web on my phone so I'm struggling to understand the issue. Weirdly I have had some emails yesterday confirming a new sign in on IOS but this has never actually worked. I have an iPhone 13.

All Replies

IainWishlade
Topic Author
This message was authored by IainWishlade This message was authored by: IainWishlade

Re: Unable to add sky emails to iPhone after iOS 16.4.1 update

Forgot to say I have tried to add the account as both 'Yahoo'and 'Other'. Neither works. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you using the Apple app on your iPhone to access your emails or an app like Outlook ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
IainWishlade
Topic Author

It's the Apple app. 

IainWishlade
Topic Author

It's the Apple app. Btw emails have always worked fine on my iPad which is now running IOS 16.4.1 so the issue appears to be specific to the phone. 

This message was authored by Russell+Cope This message was authored by: Russell+Cope

I am having the same issues with both my I- phone and tablet.  I cannot acces my E-Mails unless I log into sk, each time I attempt to update I just get an error message, this has only happened since the update, I have tried to reinstall my account but it does not recognise the sky. com address 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@IainWishlade wrote:

It's the Apple app. Btw emails have always worked fine on my iPad which is now running IOS 16.4.1 so the issue appears to be specific to the phone. 

There have been intermittent problems with the Apple Mail app for several months now. Apple are aware,  but until they fix it, it's probably best either to log in via your browser, or use a different mail app.

@Russell+Cope if you're also using the Apple Mail app, the same would apply.

@IainWishlade 

It might be worth trying a different app so perhaps give the Outlook one a try ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
IainWishlade
Topic Author

Thanks. Yes that works but I'm not a massive fan of the Outlook app for iPhone so I'd much rather Apple fixed this. Have they got some beef with Yahoo?

This message was authored by MJ8 This message was authored by: MJ8

I am unable to send or receive any emails since Sky decided to change to yahoo I can't get any help as they haven't got any phone numbers that contact to technical help. Two phone calls went straight to India  one I hadn't a clue what he was saying and other couldn't help giving me a number to speak to someone here in U.K. and when I rang it three  times number was unavailable.😳

@MJ8 wrote:

I am unable to send or receive any emails since Sky decided to change to yahoo

That was a good few years ago now so have you tried using a different app like the Outlook one and using these settings:

Select either "Other" or "Not Yahoo" then use these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.tools.sky.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.tools.sky.com
Port - 465
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

You will then need to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of your usual one, you can do that here:
https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@caesarome wrote:

@MJ8 wrote:

I am unable to send or receive any emails since Sky decided to change to yahoo

That was a good few years ago now so have you tried using a different app like the Outlook one and using these settings:

It was 2013, so I don't think that is the problem.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion