Discussion topic: Unable to access my emails inbox 25th June 2024

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Unable to access my emails inbox 25th June 2024

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Unfortunately it's the same link so the result will be the same. Quite why it re-directs to Yahoo is a mystery. Usually you'd think it would be cache related, but clearly not in this case.

Cummo1976
Topic Author
This message was authored by Cummo1976 This message was authored by: Cummo1976

So, I finally got back into my emails. I am missing 2 weeks of emails but all enders would have had an auto-reply telling themmy address was disabled!!

No advice sadly other than persevere with customer services as they know it's Yahoo disabling accounts.

I have created a Gmail account and am in the process of transferring all emails to that from now on as I have lost out on potential nusiness this last few weeks.

@Cummo1976 wrote:

So, I finally got back into my emails. I am missing 2 weeks of emails but all enders would have had an auto-reply telling themmy address was disabled!!

No advice sadly other than persevere with customer services as they know it's Yahoo disabling accounts.

I have created a Gmail account and am in the process of transferring all emails to that from now on as I have lost out on potential nusiness this last few weeks.

To be honest, if you're using email for business purposes, you'd be better off with a proper business email provider rather than one designed for home use. A business provider is likely to have a better service level response. 

(In fact business use of Sky Yahoo Mail is explicity disallowed in the terms and conditions you agreed to). 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Cummo1976 wrote:

Good idea as I am surprised that anyone would use a Yahoo based service for anything business related.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Cummo1976
Topic Author

That's the thing with email addresses though, you don't expect to be locked out so all things are linked to it from doctors to schools etc...

At least i am back in now. I couldn't even enter metre readings as that wanted to send me an email to confirm log in!!

Cummo1976
Topic Author

I mentioned what you said previously about teh business use to sky advisors and they all said it was not something they had heard of. (not doubting you)
They just agreed that it is actually beneficial to have a business have 'sky.com' at the end to promote sky.

If it's good enough for schools, doctors, banks, insurnaces etc... it should be reliable for a business too. 

There was no reason to doubt it.

Cummo1976
Topic Author

Also, 15 years ago, when I started the sky email address, Google hadn't yet taken over the world!!

So email addresses were all different 'aol' 'BT' 'Yahoo' 'Hotmail' etc...

At least i'm sorted. Just a shame it wasn't a technical walk through so I could help others. 

@Cummo1976 wrote:

I mentioned what you said previously about teh business use to sky advisors and they all said it was not something they had heard of. (not doubting you)

Ha! I'm not altogether surprised that Sky's own advisers don't know the content of their own T&Cs!!

This message was authored by Exocet350 This message was authored by: Exocet350

Sorry to add to an existing thread but I've experienced similar. 

I've had a Sky email for over 20 years now, so you imagine how much I rely on it. I've been unable to access the inbox for more than a month now. I keep getting the same message: 'We can't sign you in at the moment please try again in a short while.'  I've been on the phone to the so called helpline more than a dozen times to try to rectify the problem.  I've spoken to so many different people and been cut off countless times. I've also been promised call backs that never materialise.  I have lost count how many times I've given my details and explained the situation.  I feel like a tennis ball being hit from racket to racket. Been told by Sky that it's not their problem because emails are managed now. I had a Sky account years ago but changed to a cheaper supplier so they cannot find me on their system. Each time I speak to someone they seem to go through the same procedures like changing the password or the memorable date but I still can't sort the problem.  I'm currently waiting for a callback from them after they told me they haven't experienced this problem before and are going to try and get the back end team to sort it. I'm at my witts end and am seriously thinking about taking it to the press.

Anyone out there experienced the same?

Any sympathy would be greatly appreciated. 

Andy

@Cummo1976 wrote:

Evening everyone.
So, woke up Monday 24th June. No access to emails on PC, Phone and Work PC.
All devices allow me to log in to my Sky Account, but, when I choose emails, as usual, I get a text with a 6 digit code.
I enter the code.
I drop the menu down on PC and select 'Yahoo Mail'.

Cummo1976_0-1719337327346.png

It takes me to a 'Yahoo.com' instead of into my inbox.

Now, after speaking to a useless advisor (he's escelated it as I cited breach of Data Protection by not allowing me access to my personal data) I cannot even get to the Yahoo.com page.

Cummo1976_1-1719337443075.png

The advisor tried to say I needed to contact Yahoo but I told him of the replies in this forumn saying that was useless as they had no domain over my emails and could do nothing.

Has anyone managed to note down the process to egain access to emails please?
This has blocked me from kids schools, doctors, work, bills etc...
Clearly some people are having this issue resolved but finding anything about it in here or on the internet is like looking for the real Santa!!
Thanks,
Chris.

@Exocet350 so this is a slightly different issue, as you're not seeing an 'access denied' message. As I think you're saying in your post, Yahoo can't help with this, as it's a Sky problem. Unfortunately Sky Yahoo Mail doesn't appear to be widely understood across the contact centres, and the fact that you no longer have a subscription account with Sky will cause additional difficulty. .

Amongst the things you've tried, have you tried logging in via your browser's incognito/private/privacy mode?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Exocet350 

Are you using anything like a VPN because if you are try disabling it .

As well as logging into your account online have you tried accessing your emails via a app or program like Outlook instead to see if you can get access ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Hi Mark39

I haven't tried logging in using Incognito, but worth trying. I'm a little apprehensive trying to login at the moment in case it causes any problems for the team that are trying to sort it. I was told by one of the Sky people to not try and login whilst they're working on it, I don't know whether this applies still. 

@Mark39 wrote:

@Exocet350 so this is a slightly different issue, as you're not seeing an 'access denied' message. As I think you're saying in your post, Yahoo can't help with this, as it's a Sky problem. Unfortunately Sky Yahoo Mail doesn't appear to be widely understood across the contact centres, and the fact that you no longer have a subscription account with Sky will cause additional difficulty. .

Amongst the things you've tried, have you tried logging in via your browser's incognito/private/privacy mode?

• But if they can't it's worth trying. 

@Exocet350 yes, probably best not to, for the moment then,

Hi Caesarome.

I'm no computer expert so please bear with me.

I don't think I'm using a VPN.

I've mentioned to Mark39 that I don't want to ruin any efforts the team are doing to try and rectify the problem but if they can't then I'm happy to give it a go and try Outlook. 👍

Thanks for your advice

Hi everyone. Firstly thanks for your help in the past. 

I've just yet again spoken to Sky and even though I was given a case number by the last person I spoke to they say no case exists. 

They also have told me that the Sky email that I've had for more than 20yrs doesn't exist and to start a new email address. You can imagine I'm really furious and am now going to take this further, perhaps even going to the press. Someone needs to be held accountable. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion