Discussion topic: Trouble logging into sky email

This message was authored by MrsHH17 This message was authored by: MrsHH17

Trouble logging into sky email

hi, 

my dad has been trying to access his sky email for a couple of days with no luck.  I have tried to log in for him and reset the password, but when i put his memorable information in it tells me that either his Last Name or memorable information is incorrect, which i know very well are not.  The only problem is that his password is not working to let him into his account, and so now we cannot get in.  Is there any other way of getting it reset for him? (i think what confused him was the introduction of the two factor verification thing, and he can't remember what he has done on his account now, which makes things quite difficult).  

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Trouble logging into sky email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What error ,message does he see when he tries to log in here: https://www.sky.com/signin/email

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@MrsHH17 wrote:

(i think what confused him was the introduction of the two factor verification thing, and he can't remember what he has done on his account now, which makes things quite difficult).  

If he has set this up then it will get sent a text message that will then give him a code to use to access his Sky email account, so if it doesn't say anything onscreen about sending a text then he might not have set it up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
MrsHH17
Topic Author

he gets the following warning message : Your password is incorrect please try again or use the link below

we use the link to reset the password but it then says it doesn't recognise either his surname or his memorable information

MrsHH17
Topic Author

he doesn't get any text messages through, I dont think he has set it up, but he is not a reliable historian and forgets things.  He tells me that he always clicks to avoid setting it up as he knows he will forget how i works

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@MrsHH17 wrote:

we use the link to reset the password but it then says it doesn't recognise either his surname or his memorable information

In that case all he can do is to call Sky, don't mention that he can't access his email as this will only confuse, so instead tell them that he can't access his Sky account due to the issue resetting the password.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@MrsHH17 wrote:

he gets the following warning message : Your password is incorrect please try again or use the link below

He'll have to call, I'm afraid, to see if Sky can help with resetting it. Just to warn you, if Sky have difficulty with it, they may, from previous posts, tell him to contact Yahoo - that would be pointless as they have no ability to manage Sky Yahoo Mail accounts.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion