Discussion topic: Stop the Option of Two-Step Verification on Email

This message was authored by NicholasLBH This message was authored by: NicholasLBH

Stop the Option of Two-Step Verification on Email

I have reported this before, but still no solution found.

Every time I login to Sky / Yahoo email on my desktop, I get this message:

Set up two-step verification.

We recommend you do this to keep your account and personal details secure

Set up Now

OR

Maybe later.

I am fed up getting this messag, for months on end.   I click on 'Maybe later' every time., to access my email messages.     Is there any way I can stop getting this message?     Thanks for any help. 

All Replies

NicholasLBH
Topic Author
This message was authored by NicholasLBH This message was authored by: NicholasLBH

Re: Stop the Option of Two-Step Verification on Email

And I should add that I have no wish to use the Two-Step Verification option.

Many thanks.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No way to stop it I'm afraid, however if you use an app or client to view your email, you will no longer see it.

I like to say a well known phrase  starting and ending in F, as I stab at the "maybe later".

It makes me feel a little better.

This message was authored by TARIK This message was authored by: TARIK

STOP 2 STEP VERIFICATION RUBBISH.I CAN NOT REMEMBER OR TOLERATE IT.MOBILE IS NOT WITH ME ALL THE TIME.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@TARIK wrote:

STOP 2 STEP VERIFICATION RUBBISH.I CAN NOT REMEMBER OR TOLERATE IT.MOBILE IS NOT WITH ME ALL THE TIME.

Use the Recovery Code to turn it off. Simple.

And no need to SHOUT. 

NicholasLBH
Topic Author

I understand the recovery code (if you can find it) is used to cancel the Two Step Verification procedure, once its been activated.   That's not my current problem.    My problem is that every time I log onto Sky / Yahoo email on my desktop, I am given the option to set up and accept the Two Step Verification or to decline, by clicking on 'maybe later'

So how many thousands of times must I click on 'maybe later' before Sky finally accepts that I do not currently want the Two Step Verification on my desktop and they stop loading the same message time and time again ?  

Many thanks for any suggestions.

@NicholasLBH wrote:

I understand the recovery code (if you can find it) is used to cancel the Two Step Verification procedure, once its been activated.   That's not my current problem.   

Yes, understood from your first post. The suggestion to use the Recovery Code was addressed to the other poster. There's nothing you can do about the set up prompt, other than use an app rather than your browser - it's simply the simplistic way Sky has designed it to work. I doubt Sky Yahoo Mail is viewed as a priority for Sky, so it's unlikely to change.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

The way around that is to use an app or program like Outlook to access your emails instead, Although it is advisable to

login to your online account at least one a month to keep it active.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
NicholasLBH
Topic Author

Thank you for all your replies.  Very grateful.

So it just looks as though there is no obvious solution to my problem, other than to use my mobile phone,  or use another method of accessing my email, which does not suit me.

I realise it's not high up on the list of priorities for SKY, but nevertheless it's very annoying and I would have thought I'm not the only person getting these constant and intrusive messages, about two-step verification.

Enough is enough.    Anyone from SKY reading this subject, please do us all a big favour and sort it out.    Thank you.

All the best ! 

This message was authored by MaryRogers This message was authored by: MaryRogers

cant sign in to My Emails or Send Emails

@MaryRogers wrote:

cant sign in to My Emails or Send Emails

Details,  please.  What happens when you try? Error message?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion