Discussion topic: Sky email error "Account is Locked"

This message was authored by Lee112 This message was authored by: Lee112

Sky email error "Account is Locked"

Hi, hope someone can help please?

Since yesterday afternoon when trying to sign into my sky email account I see the error "Account is Locked" this is both through the sky email website, yahoo email website and the yahoo mail app. I do not get any option to reset password etc. can anyone suggest a fix to this issue? Thanks 

Best Answers
Lee112
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lee112 This message was authored by: Lee112 Answer

Re: Sky email error "Account is Locked"

Finally success

After spending hours and hours on the phone with operators who just did not have a clue how to fix the issue I finally got someone who knew how to fix this issue.

It only took a matter of minutes. 

In a nutshell you need to find someone who knows how to fix the issue and she had me go to sky.com reset my sky i.d through a memorable date. Now this must have been a date either she initiated or a date that's a default reset on their systems as it had no significance to me. 

In summary like many have said you need to find the right operator with the knowledge and access to whatever systems they use to fix this issue. 

I'm now going to start the process of moving away from sky email to Gmail as you really don't realise how much you depend on your primary email account until you have lost it. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When you log in via Sky.com you'll have the option to reset your password via the 'forgotten password' link. Try that first.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If resetting the password doesn't work are you able to access this link:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Lee112
Topic Author

Hi thanks for the reply, I do not get any option to reset my password and following the link brings up the same error "account locked" tried to call sky and the three different agents I've spoken to were unable to help and couldn't even find my account. 

Screenshot_2024-02-29-05-40-26-476_com.android.chrome.jpg

Lee112
Topic Author

Screenshot_2024-02-29-09-56-14-450_com.android.chrome.jpg

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

What you need to do is to call Sky, when you get to speak to someone do not mention that your email account has been locked, just say your online Sky account is locked.

It might take a few calls before you get to talk to someone that can help you, as a few years ago it took my 3 such calls before someone knew how to unlock mine when this happened to me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Unfortunately it's a problem which seems to faze many advisers. Are you calling the number shown in the error message? And do you still subscribe to Sky?

Lee112
Topic Author

Thankyou I will do that. 

This message was authored by EmmaCMB22 This message was authored by: EmmaCMB22

Exactly same for me. Sky were useless and made me start a new SkyID with a gmail account. I don;t use Sky, just have an old sky.com email address. 
Have zero access now to my main email address! 
Please let me know how you get on

Emma x

This message was authored by Broads1 This message was authored by: Broads1

I have the same issue...i use an old sky email and no longer subscribe to sky..... my message reads 'account problem' ...ring.     0344........   which i rang.......no joy...they asked lots of questions  which led me to believ it was more of a scam...however i am still locked out and can't access any emails.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Broads1 wrote:

they asked lots of questions  which led me to believ it was more of a scam...

What did you believe they were trying to scam out of you?

It would appear the agents on the phone are poorly trained in how to deal with "locked" accounts.

The best advice would be to try calling a few times and hope you get someone who actually knows what to do.

Are you able to log in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details with your email address and password?

Lee112
Topic Author

No I can't login at sky.com either I see this error.....and yes I've called the number pictured on the error message. 

Unfortunately it looks like only Sky will be able to unlock it for you. 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Lee112 wrote:

No I can't login at sky.com either I see this error.....and yes I've called the number pictured on the error message. 

Try calling a few more times, eventually you should get someone who knows what to do to unlock your account. Don't mention email, just say you can't access your Sky account.

This message was authored by Hala82 This message was authored by: Hala82

For the benefit of anyone reading this I have been on the phone to sky for over 3 hours now. First 3 calls I explained my problem and was told to hold the line and I'd be transferred to someone who can help. After being on hold between 10-15 minutes each time I was cut off. 

Spoke to a lovely lady called Sasha who really did try her best for me but couldn't locate my account as though it never existed. She transferred me to the IDM team. I went through it all again with another operator who told me he couldn't find my account and there's nothing more he can do. All in all a very frustrating afternoon. Guess I'm going to have to try again tomorrow 😭

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion