Discussion topic: Sky/Yahoo email issues 28th June 2022

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: All my folders are empty. How do I retrieve emails that were in the folders?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sorry to say the contents are likely to have been lost then.

This message was authored by Lekh+Pall This message was authored by: Lekh+Pall

Re: Sky/Yahoo email issues 28th June 2022

Stevo, I appear to be in the same pickle. as you and many other co-users. I have lost access to 20 years of email records. Yahoo Sky Email must come forward to resolve this problem, if they are worth their salt.

This message was authored by Lekh+Pall This message was authored by: Lekh+Pall

Re: All my folders are empty. How do I retrieve emails that were in the folders?

Mark39,

Please explain your statement. It surely can't be acceptable that...all messages are lost. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Unable to log into aaccount or reset password

This is a long shot as it might not work but it is might be worth putting in a request to Yahoo here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

I'm not sure what further explanation there is. If you're logging in via Sky.com you're looking directly at what is held on the mail server. If you can't see them there, they're gone. I'm guessing you didn't keep a backup copy. If you use a POP client or app there's a local copy.

There's a utility for Yahoo Mail customers (as distinct from Sky Yahoo Mail) which allows them to request recovery of lost emails. Whether or not it will work for Sky Yahoo Mail, I don't know, but it might be worth a try. I don't know if it recovers emails from folders as well as your inbox: https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

@caesarome posted while I was pontificating  🙂

This message was authored by Jayjay258 This message was authored by: Jayjay258

Hello. Since yesterday evening (June 29 2022) I cannot access my sky.com email account using Windows 10 mail on pc and through Android Gmail app. Message is 'username or password incorrect'. They definitely are not as I can sign in to Sky ID and view emails using Sky/Yahoo via browser, so guess it's the issue they have. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

All you should need to do is to generate a 16 digit password and use that instead of the usual password they use, you can you can generate the 16 digit password here:

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Jayjay258 This message was authored by: Jayjay258

That worked on my phone and PC. 

Many thanks @caesarome 👍👍

This message was authored by HuwDJ This message was authored by: HuwDJ

Re: Yahoo email not working! All my personal emails have gone, and my inbox won't load messages

I have something similar. My inbox won't load anything before 29th Aug?

This message was authored by HuwDJ This message was authored by: HuwDJ

Re: Email issues - Folders Empty

I'm still having issues with no emails loading pre 29th Aug & i read this has been a problem since June & it's still not fixed???

Re: Email issues - Folders Empty

@HuwDJ wrote:

I'm still having issues with no emails loading pre 29th Aug & i read this has been a problem since June & it's still not fixed???

The outage here was related to new emails, rather than losing existing emails, so not the same. Please see my reply to your other post.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion