Discussion topic: Sky Email Account Locked

This message was authored by Cortstor99 This message was authored by: Cortstor99

Sky Email Account Locked

I have finally managed to get a sky account and e-mail unlocked, have been trying since May 2024.   My advice to those in a similar situation is to try to speak to an advisor.   Sky make this difficult and you feel as if you're in a constant loop of dialling the 03442 ****** 'help number', receiving texts which give you the same number to try and no human interaction at all.

So to get hold of a sky advisor, dial the above number and stay silent after giving your details, security passwords etc.  You will hear 'Is this the right phone number to contact you on?'   Say nothing and eventually you will be put through to an advisor.

From then you are trusting luck that you will get an advisor you can fix the issue.   The first few times I was told it's a Yahoo issue and to contact them.  It is not and Yahoo will confirm this, so don't fall for that line.   Be patient, polite and go through the steps.  Mine was fixed this morning and I will now park up this account and move e-mail to another provider.  

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Email Account Locked

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When this happened to me it took me 3 attempts to get mine unlocked but what I did is I did not mention Sky email as I just mentioned my Sky account as I couldn't get into this either. For some as soon as they hear an email account has been locked they wrongly advise to go to Yahoo who can not do anything as it isn't there issue so for anyone else who has this just mention your Sky account has been locked only.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion