Discussion topic: Sending emails via mobile

This message was authored by PEMAK19 This message was authored by: PEMAK19

Sending emails via mobile

As from today i can no longer send emails using my mobile (android) but i can still send using a laptop.  Any ideas why this would all of a sudden start to happen?

Thanks All

All Replies

This message was authored by Whickc This message was authored by: Whickc

Re: Sending emails via mobile

I can't send emails either as of today on Android. Just get 'failed to send' which tells me nothing as to why. I'm fuming as I need to send emails. I'm receiving ok. 

This message was authored by PseudoLewis This message was authored by: PseudoLewis

Hi @PEMAK19,

There are numerous reasons that emails may struggle to send.

Who provides your email (IE Gmail, Sky, Yahoo) and what app are you using on android to try and send emails from? Are you still able to receive emails on the android device?

If you're able to answer the above, I'll certainly try my best to help! 😁

PEMAK19
Topic Author

Hi there

Its my sky email account but it's provided by Yahoo.  I can still receive them on my android just cant send them.  I can both send and receicve fine through a laptop 

Thanks

This message was authored by teresa198 This message was authored by: teresa198

I'm having the same problem today, I'm getting a 'failed' message for any email I try to send from my tablet via the yahoo app. There is no error code or explanation. Help!

This message was authored by PseudoLewis This message was authored by: PseudoLewis

Are you accessing the Sky emails through an app or just accessing Sky|Yahoo Mail  via a browser?

Have you tried logging out/removing the account and logging back in? 

PEMAK19
Topic Author

It's through the app. I'll give the sign out and back in a try see if that works 

This message was authored by teresa198 This message was authored by: teresa198

My issue seems to have resolved now, perhaps there was an problem with Yahoo/Sky?

Perhaps.

Glad to hear it seems to have resolved itself! ☺️

This message was authored by Nigel-H This message was authored by: Nigel-H

I can RECEIVE emails on my mobile phone, but seems that I can't SEND emails to anyone.

The message I get when trying to send is:

"Cannot Send Mail" The username or password for (my email address) is incorrect."

The message gives me 2 options:-

"OK" to accept the situation but does not change anything, and

"Settings" to go to my settings where it wants me to re-enter my passwords for my Sky and Yahoo email accounts. This I have done many times, with no success.

Hoping someone can help as this is driving me crazy!!!

Thanks in anticipation.

P.S. I CAN send emails quite happily from my PC using the same email adress and password!

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nigel-H wrote:

The message gives me 2 options:-

"OK" to accept the situation but does not change anything, and

"Settings" to go to my settings where it wants me to re-enter my passwords for my Sky and Yahoo email accounts. This I have done many times, with no success.

Are you saying you have both Sky and Yahoo addresses?

If it is the Sky address it is complaining about, try using a generated password instead of your usual password. https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion