Discussion topic: Scam

This message was authored by Hayley2103 This message was authored by: Hayley2103

Scam

I keep getting emails saying click here to update your email or my account will close. The emails look real but the email addresses they from don't What email addresses are actually from Sky?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Scam

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hayley2103 wrote:
I keep getting emails saying click here to update your email or my account will close. The emails look real but the email addresses they from don't What email addresses are actually from Sky?

@Hayley2103 

These emails are not from Sky as they are from scammers as you do not have to update anything so all you need to do is to mark them as spam and keep doing this should you be sent anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

@Hayley2103 wrote:

Hi @Hayley2103 

I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll then have 48 hours to click on it and join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll just need to check the chat thread regularly.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hayley2103 wrote:

@Hayley2103 

These emails are not from Sky as they are from scammers as you do not have to update anything so all you need to do is to mark them as spam and keep doing this should you be sent anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion