Discussion topic: SMTP server name

This message was authored by MR2Charlie This message was authored by: MR2Charlie

SMTP server name

Hi , trying to find my smtp server information in order to send scanned documents from my sky email address using my HP Officejet Pro 9019e printer - any help wpould be appreciated.

Charlie

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: SMTP server name

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky's smtp server name is: smtp.tools.sky.com

Port 465

Requires SSL encryption

MR2Charlie
Topic Author
This message was authored by MR2Charlie This message was authored by: MR2Charlie

Thanks Mark - filled in the various fields with the info that you gave me and gave me the option to save or save and test - i chose the latter as i want to make sure it works and it keeps coming back with 'server busy or down try again later ' - is this usual ?

Does your printer have internal email capability? I haven't come across it before.

In answer to your question- no it's not usual and probably indicates that there's a problem with the sending details.  Most likely, whatever app the printer is,using requires a generated app password to authenticate rather than your usual password. There's a link to the password generator at the bottom of the 'other email apps' section here: https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-yahoo-mail/setting-up-yahoo-mail/articles/getting-started-with-sky...

If thay doesn't work you might have to resort to the long-winded approach of saving your scanned documents to a device and manually sending them from there.

MR2Charlie
Topic Author

smtp server

Hi , second post regarding this subject - trying to set up HP print wizard in order to send scanned documents from my sky email address- superuser Mark39 helped fill most of the gaps but i'm trying to go through the server requires authentication route and its asking me for user name and password ?

Re: smtp server

That would be your Sky username and password - or more likely a generated app password as in my previous post.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion