Discussion topic: Outlook 365 not working with Sky email

This message was authored by David145 This message was authored by: David145

Outlook 365 not working with Sky email

When I try adding a Sky email address to Outlook 365, I can enter my email address etc, but then get a message 

Sorry, you can no longer create a new email account via Sky.

I am not trying to create a new email, the email is current and I can access it via Sky.com, I'm trying to get Outlook 365 to connect to Sky/Yahoo servers so I can send and recieve emails via Outlook. Sometimes it doesn't get as far as entering your password. It is the latest version of Outlook and as far as I know I have entered everything correctly. I have just spent over an hour with Sky and they either don't understand my problem or just have no idea what to do.

I can add Gmail & hotmail accounts fine and all work flawlessly.

Anyone have any ideas or have suffered the same problem?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Outlook 365 not working with Sky email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you entering the details manually so you are adding the servers or are you allowing Outlook to do this for you ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I use Outlook 2019, essentially the same client as is used with Outlook 365 without problem so it should work ok.

Try Sky's help here, first to remove the entry you've already made for Sky Yahoo Mail, then to set it up again. You'll need to use a generated app password - your normal Sky password won't work. There's a link in the help guide to the password generator.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-yahoo-mail/setting-up-yahoo-mail/articles/getting-started-with-sky...

This message was authored by d.js1970 This message was authored by: d.js1970

No matter what password I used or email settings manual or automatic, it still wouldn't work. However, I tried today and got to enter a Sky email address into Outlook 365 and it worked! I then tried inputing another Sky email, but this time same old problem. I reset my computer and put my Sky email address into Outlook 365 and it all went in ok. 

I am confident this isn't a Outlook 365 problem as any other email like Hotmail, Gmail all work 100%.

How long will it continue to work is the question.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion