Discussion topic: Hi if I leave sky can I keep my sky email address

This message was authored by Gasbox This message was authored by: Gasbox

Hi if I leave sky can I keep my sky email address

I will have to leave sky after a very long time due to change in circumstances. But I want to know if I can keep my sky email address. As people I don't have regular contact with around the world have this and I will loose touch if I can't keep my email address. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Hi if I leave sky can I keep my sky email address

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes, providing you log in regularly your Sky Yahoo Mail address will remain active.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Yes, providing you log in regularly your Sky Yahoo Mail address will remain active.

This message was authored by leini This message was authored by: leini

I found this post whilst searching hibg the same question - I'd be interested if anyone knows whether this means a web-based login to Sky Yahoo emails is required or whether it would suffice if I continue to access via MS Outlook?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

To keep your email addess active you would need to login to the web based login at Sky.com on a regular basis of at least once per month,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Personally I'm not sure it has to be a web based login, I think IMAP or POP may suffice, Sky themselves just say it has to be accessed regularly.

However it isn't too hard to just logon once in a while. If there is anything else you do regularly on the web, just add a quick Sky login to it.

This message was authored by KathyF-J This message was authored by: KathyF-J

I only access email account via a mail client on my phone and mostly for reading emails. I will send 4-5 emails per month. 

it would be really good to know the answer as it actually is a bit of a hassle to deliberately log in online for no good reason. If I have to do that, I may as well just start changing my email address with everyone who matters. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I have always understood it then you have to login but that is my take on it as it really isn't that difficult to login via this link once a month, set yourself a reminder to perhaps do it on the 1st of each month:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

If you actually contact Sky, you are unlikely to get a definitive answer.

The best we have is the T&C's which say:

How long does your Sky | Yahoo Mail account remain active?

Your Sky | Yahoo Mail account will remain active for as long as you continue to use it. Sky may close your Sky | Yahoo Mail account if you have not used it for 180 days or if it has the right to do so under these Terms and Conditions, for example where you breach these Terms and Conditions. See condition 5 headed "How we can control, restrict and/or end your use of Sky | Yahoo Mail" of these Terms and Conditions for full details and what this means for you.

This is the info they give on "inactive accounts", make of it what you may.

Inactive Sky Yahoo Mail accounts | Sky Help | Sky.com

This message was authored by KathyF-J This message was authored by: KathyF-J

Thank you this was very helpful. I really can't be bothered with having to sign in online every month, but have now found it's just once every 6 months and they will send an email to remind me after 5 months. 

"

If you haven’t signed in to your Sky Yahoo Mail account for five months or more, we’ll send an email to:

• Your Sky Yahoo Mail address; and
  • The email address you used when you set up your account/any replacement email address you've registered with us since then.

You’ll then have 14 days to sign in to your Sky Yahoo Mail account, or it will be suspended.

While the account is suspended, we’ll send you a second reminder email to reactivate your account, but you won't be able to receive any other emails during that time."

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion