Discussion topic: Emails

mustang105
Topic Author
This message was authored by mustang105 This message was authored by: mustang105

Re: Emails

My problem seems to have ironed itself out. This mail has come via the yahoo app but when I get my normal mail it's via the email box on iPhone. I really don't know why i have to have a yahoo email address at all. It doesn't seem to serve any real purpose unless of course I change all my email over to yahoo and I don't fancy doing that right now as it will take ages to recreate all the sub folders I use. It's a pointless exercise 

mustang105
Topic Author
This message was authored by mustang105 This message was authored by: mustang105

Just as an add on point.. once I finished typing my reply.. I have to fill in two boxes .. with my Sky email address and Sky password.. yet this is on the yahoo app where I have to use a different email address.. see?? Pointless

mustang105
Topic Author

I wish that were true .. Sky don't appear to

provide any assistance for anything .. unless to tell them you want to leave Sky.. then they want to why.. and if there's anything they can do to stop you leaving. Abysmal service

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mustang105 wrote:

I wish that were true .. Sky don't appear to

provide any assistance for anything .. unless to tell them you want to leave Sky.. then they want to why.. and if there's anything they can do to stop you leaving. Abysmal service

I suspect that's largely because they can't get a handle on the problem you're having or the way your setup works.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@mustang105 wrote:

I really don't know why i have to have a yahoo email address at all. It doesn't seem to serve any real purpose 

The reason Sky want you to have an alternate email address is for recovery purposes..

If you forget your password, or scammers manage to get access to email account, they will send the password recovery email to the alternate email address,

As @Mark39 suggests, I really can't quite understand how you have your accounts set up.

I've got a lot of email addresses, some I actually use, some are just for testing purposes, but I don't have any problems keeping them separate.

mustang105
Topic Author

I've had a Sky email for years.. emails on Mac, IPad and iPhone .. simple. One day Sky said I had to have an extra security set up and I needed to have a second email address. 
I set up an email account on Yahoo with obviously a different email address and password. I don't generally use the yahoo email address as the Sky account has all my sub folders which I needed for business. 
I had problems downloading my Sky emails recently and I then turned to Sky for help. I had to type in the yahoo email address and password which would not give me access .. the Sky email adoand password wouldn't give me access either. Sky send me emails via the yahoo app account but everyone else in the world sends me emails which arrive by the Sky account on my old email address. This is why I cannot understand why I need the yahoo email account other than Sky told me I needed. I know they both use the yahoo platform but even if I go to Sky.com to access my account I have to use the yahoo email details to get in but at the top of the page is shows my Sky email address.. having spoken to a customer advisor at Sky .. it remains the same two days ago it took 2hours to get my emails to download on the Sky address but the Sky emails on the yahoo app downloaded immediately. Confused.. yes I am

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@mustang105 wrote:

I know they both use the yahoo platform but even if I go to Sky.com to access my account I have to use the yahoo email details to get in but at the top of the page is shows my Sky email address.. having spoken to a customer advisor at Sky

Confused.. yes I am

That could be the cookies in action. Try using a different browser, or an incognito/private tab.

It's a shame you decided to use Yahoo for your alternate address, any other provider, and it wouldn't have happened.

You can also use your alternate address as your sky ID, so yes you can sign into Sky with it. 

Opera Snapshot_2023-11-29_142531_www.sky.com.png

See your details here: 
https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

mustang105
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply.. I'm about sorted now and hope it stays settled. I suspect I'll have to contact Sky again one day and sort it out then. One thing that doe amaze me.. If Sky helped with issues as much as they like sending badges and tokens.. it would make the difference.. thanks everyone ..

This message was authored by phippsy15 This message was authored by: phippsy15

I have had no current and old emails since Monday when Yahoo had an outrage. I have contacted Yahoo and Sky but they don't seem to know where the emails from my inbox have gone. I still need to gain access to the emails but no one is giving me answers 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Have a read of this as it might be worth a try:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

I have already make a restore request but Yahoo have not fulfilled the request and keep giving me the same incident number 

@phippsy15 you haven't given us much to go on, in any of your posts. I''m not aware of any recent Yahoo outage. Are you using an app or email client to access your email? Can you access your email by logging in here: https://www.sky.com/signin/email

Are all the emails from your Inbox missing?

I have had emails missing from my inbox since Tuesday morning and I am unable to access them. I have done a restore request to Yahoo but that has not been fulfilled by them 

@phippsy15 wrote:

I have had emails missing from my inbox since Tuesday morning and I am unable to access them. I have done a restore request to Yahoo but that has not been fulfilled by them 

Understood, but can you help us with answers to the questions raised?

Yes the emails from my inbox has been missing since Tuesday 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion