Discussion topic: Emails

This message was authored by mustang105 This message was authored by: mustang105

Emails

Once again, my Sky emails disappear. I've had to set up a yahoo email address and p/wd, but my Sky email and password keeps dropping out and therefore emails in the yahoo box do not tally up. Why does this keep happening.. why does my old address from 4yrs ago keep appearing in the box when I go back and try to recover my Sky.com emails. Talk about things not being updated.. I ring sky.. no one answers.. been going on for years and I cannot sort the matter out unless I speak to a human.. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach Answer

Re: Emails

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As I see it, the problem is you appear to have a Sky address, and a Yahoo address.

Because they both run on the Yahoo platform the cookies will be getting confused, so I would advise using one browser for Yahoo and a different one for .Sky.

Either that, or always use a private/incognito tab.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

How are you accessing your emails, do you use an app or do you login to the Sky website ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
mustang105
Topic Author
This message was authored by mustang105 This message was authored by: mustang105

I just tap my email box on the iPhone and they are there. They take ages to download and do so in batches. My Sky account has all

my mail my unwanted yahoo account holds this conversation. My Sky account has been active many years

mustang105
Topic Author

This makes no sense. This conversation goes thru my yahoo mail account with a yahoo password.. yet in order to post it I have to give my Sky email with a Sky password. How does this work? The two accounts do not hold the same emails. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Not sure I understand what's happening here from your description. For your Sky Yahoo mail account you need a Sky password not Yahoo.

mustang105
Topic Author

Okay.. I don't understand it either .. all my Sky emails all partially load and then say not downloaded from the server. 
To get into Sky.com I had to give my Sky email and p/wd. But it wouldn't accept it. I could get into my yahoo email app with a yahoo emails add and a p/wd I set up with a sky c/s operator. 
Sky would not let me open my emails or account. Then after a while it let me into my yahoo account with my sky email and p/wd but the emails will not download. 
chatting to you is via the yahoo app where I have to confirm with my sky email .. this is why I need to talk to a human and explain 

If you want to chat to a human then you would need to phone but to be honst you are not likely to get anywhere as there is no phone support for Sky email.

@mustang105 wrote:

Then after a while it let me into my yahoo account with my sky email and p/wd but the emails will not download. 

What is happening, does it show an error message and if so what does it say ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach Answer

As I see it, the problem is you appear to have a Sky address, and a Yahoo address.

Because they both run on the Yahoo platform the cookies will be getting confused, so I would advise using one browser for Yahoo and a different one for .Sky.

Either that, or always use a private/incognito tab.

mustang105
Topic Author

Sky are complete wasters for help. 
The emails have finally downloaded after around 2hrs waiting. I've checked all settings. And am on over 650mbps for download speed everything is working fine. My issue is when I want to log into sky for help. It never works properly. I will try a phone call again.. and will definitely get through when I tell them I want to leave. They seem to pick up then.. definitely my last ever subscription with Sky.. thanks for your time tho. 

@mustang105 wrote:

I will try a phone call again.. and will definitely get through when I tell them I want to leave. They seem to pick up then.. definitely my last ever subscription with Sky.. thanks for your time tho. 

You do know that you don't have to use Sky/Yahoo for your emails and even if you do leave Sky you can continue using your Sky email account so if you are getting frustrated with it why not just use an alternative email account like Gmail (Google) or Outlook.com (Microsoft) for all your emails.

mustang105
Topic Author

Thanks but I'll put up with what I'm with at present.. have a real dislike for both those you mention.. is why I went to IPhone years ago.. Not to worry. 
Cheers anyway

mustang105
Topic Author

Thanks for your help.. but this was done on the insisted advice from Sky. When they went to higher security.. I was told I needed a second email address.. and it was all set up with guidance. It is a nightmare... and no one at Sky knows why it's that way or how to make it easier. 

mustang105
Topic Author

When I go to mail on iPhone.. it's via my Sky account. Sky send me emails through my yahoo email to the yahoo app. 
I understand about the confusion with the cookies but this has been created by sky themselves. They've now confirmed one password for both the sky and yahoo accounts, but the Mail takes far too long to open at times and other times it's all ok. I've done all the shutting down and reopening tricks and it lays about 3-4 weeks and it's all over the shop once again. Sky won't pick up a phone anymore. 
they say it's linked to an old address, from 4yrs ago but they can't seem to delete that address.. or won't. 

This message was authored by phippsy15 This message was authored by: phippsy15

I am having the same problem but Yahoo Mail and Sky don't want to know and are not very helpful at all 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@phippsy15 wrote:

I am having the same problem but Yahoo Mail and Sky don't want to know and are not very helpful at all 

I doubt you're having the same problem as the OP. If you give us some details about what's happening and what's not happening we may be able to help. Note Sky aren't responsible for Yahoo Mail. They provide and support only the Sky Yahoo Mail service.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion