Discussion topic: Email update real or fake

This message was authored by MrFizzey This message was authored by: MrFizzey

Email update real or fake

Hi I'm receiving this email is it real or fake. 
Recived it previously but just disregard it. 

MrFizzey_0-1720441810486.png

Your details have been updated
(Removed)

Final update on sky account
MrFizzey_1-1720441810196.png

Hello Sky Mail Customer,

We’re writing to let you know that we are updating our privacy policy. The updated privacy policy will be published and take effect on 10th July 2024.
All accounts not updated will stop processing incoming emails and PDF attachments permanently and will no longer accept logins after the due date.

MrFizzey_2-1720441810461.gif

If you do nothing, you may no longer be able to access your Sky.com email via your preferred email application.

If you need any further help or support, download the (Removed)  or visit the (Removed)

Thank you,

Your Sky Team

(Removed)

UK Calls to Sky contact centres are inclusive for Sky Mobile and Sky Talk customers. If you’re not with Sky Mobile or Sky Talk, calls to 03 numbers cost the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers and are included in your calls package. If you don’t have a calls package, charges may apply so check your provider’s tariff guide.

ROI Calls to Sky contact centres are free for Sky Talk customers. Calls cost up to 5.3c /min (plus 9.7c connection fee) for Eir customers. Calls from other providers will vary.

© 20‌24 Sky UK Ltd. Sky UK Ltd (company no. 029‌069‌91) has its registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.

Moderator note: Removed third party links

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Email update real or fake

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MrFizzey 

It's not genuine. For starters Skybwould not refer to you as "Hello Sky Mail Customer". 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@MrFizzey 

It's not genuine. For starters Skybwould not refer to you as "Hello Sky Mail Customer". 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Fake as these emails have been going around for years, you will note that it doesn't address your your first name as legit emails from Sky would do. That link also doesn't go to Sky either as it goes to a site designed to capture your login details.

Mark this and anymore you are sent as spam.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion