Discussion topic: Email address usage

This message was authored by wiltonj This message was authored by: wiltonj

Email address usage

I have two email addresses. One I use infrequently (ending in gmail.com) and is used as my log-in address for Sky.com.  The other I use all the time (ending in sky.com) and give it out as contact to businesses, friends etc., etc.. I recently was told that my Sky account was going to be closed because I was not using my sky email address.  I am not tec savvy and do not understand what is happening.  If my sky.coom address is being used by my contacts why is sky saying I am not using the account?  Is it because my gmail address is picking up all the mail coming in?

wiltonj

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Email address usage

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@wiltonj  Are you accessing the sky emails on a regular basis?

Is the email you have received regarding Sky email telling you to click a link?   If so that is a scam email.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@wiltonj wrote:

I recently was told that my Sky account was going to be closed because I was not using my sky email address.

What else does the email address say, is there a link in it that says it will take you to your account because if there is the chances are it is a scam email as while Sky does close inactivate email addresses to keep it active they would just ask you to go to Sky.com to login to it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
wiltonj
Topic Author

I believe the emails are coming in via the gmail.com address.  I think the message was legit - there was no link as such it just told me to log in to my account to continue getting service and I have done that but I still dont understand why they were going to close my account. wiltonj

@wiltonj  Are you logging on to your email through a web browser rather than just through an app likke outlook?

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

wiltonj
Topic Author

@GD1 I am receiving emails via the gmail address. I believe Sky email is not a scam; there was no link but they asked me to log in to my account to activate it again.  I have done so but I still dont understand what is going on.  Shouold I cancel my gmail account and just use sky.com - I will then use sky.som as my log in to Sky.

wiltonj

wiltonj
Topic Author

@GD1   Through a web browser.

wiltonj

@wiltonj  Using gmail in this case would be irrelevant, as long as your accessing your Sky email account your sky email account should remain running.   

There are a number of scams going around regarding email updates etc which is why we asked if these emails have any links.

Closing your gmail account wouldn't help at all.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You need to make sure you login to your Sky email account here at least once per month if you believe this is a legit email from Sky:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion