Discussion topic: Can't send a legitimate email

This message was authored by WildRabbit This message was authored by: WildRabbit

Can't send a legitimate email

I am trying to send an email to 10 friends (all bcc'd), with a couple of links in it and a lot of writing, and when I hit send it says, 'Your message cannot be sent because it resembles spam and/or only contains links. Please modify your message and send again'.

I am trying to send family friends information about my father's funeral and I do not want to modify my message - I am unable to as the information has to be sent. There are two links, both legitimate. 

I have never had this before and am completely stumped. Please can someone help?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can't send a legitimate email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It appears that Yahoo is wrongly blocking this email so without changing it somehow I'm not sure how you will get past the block as per this:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3406.html

So have you tried this:

• Send your email as plain text if it contains hyperlinks.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
WildRabbit
Topic Author
This message was authored by WildRabbit This message was authored by: WildRabbit

Thank you. I have done absolutely none of the things mentioned on the link and I need to send the links as it's going to a lot of older folks and plain text isn't going to work. The links are to the live stream and the funeral directors. So frustrating.

@WildRabbit wrote:

The links are to the live stream

I would guess that this will be why it is being blocked.

I don't know if it will work but would using a link shortner help like the one from tinyurl.com ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
WildRabbit
Topic Author

Thanks, I'll give it a try

WildRabbit
Topic Author

The TinyURL ends up being longer than the link, which doesn't matter but what does matter is that I'm putting in another step between people being able to watch the live stream of my dad's funeral, which I have decided I don't want to risk. Will contact Sky tomorrow, it's not good enough.

Thanks for your help @caesarome

@WildRabbit wrote:

Will contact Sky tomorrow, it's not good enough.

There is little point in doing that as it Yahoo that runs the email service so there isn't anything Sky can do.

Do you have an alternative email address you could use to send these emails like Outlook.com or Gmail ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion