Discussion topic: Can't reset password to locked account

This message was authored by ShaunRush This message was authored by: ShaunRush

Can't reset password to locked account

Hi,

I've recently returned to my Sky.com email account after not using it for a couple of years. I came back to find that the account has been locked, and the telephone number listed wasn't of any use.

I tried resetting the password online, where I had to provide my last name & answer a security question. Once passed, I entered a new password, confirmed, then received the message:

'There was an unexpected error'

Appears. I've tried a couple of different passwords which are completely different... same message appears.

What do I do here? I've tried the online support bot, but it just redirects me to the support forums.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Shaun

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can't reset password to locked account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ShaunRush wrote:

Hi,

I've recently returned to my Sky.com email account after not using it for a couple of years.

During this time that you hadn't logged into the account online had you been using it at all via apps on phones or programs like Outlook as what might have happened if that Sky might have closed it down due to non use. If they have done this they would usually have sent you an email to any alternative email address you have registered on your account to inform you that this was going to happen unless you logged into it soon to keep it open.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
ShaunRush
Topic Author

Thank you @caesarome,

Is there any way to reactivate an old account which Sky may have taken down?

It's a shame to lose something like this as I linked a couple of investment accounts to it (the point being to leave them for a couple of years). It would certainly make my time accessing those accounts much more difficult if I can't get this sorted.

Furthermore, given I was quite young at the time, I didn't set up a backup email address during the account's creation.

Thanks again,

Shaun

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm afraid not as you can read about here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/inactive-sky-yahoo-mail-accounts

Recovering deleted accounts

Unfortunately, once your account has been deleted you won’t be able to reactivate your account or access your previous data, including emails, contacts and calendars.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
ShaunRush
Topic Author

Again, thank you @caesarome 

Wow, that really does suck with the account being completly unrecoverable. I had no idea that Sky updated their policy on this.

Thank you for your time & knowledge on the matter. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Shaun

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion