Discussion topic: Can't change password after attempted logins

This message was authored by PeterDK This message was authored by: PeterDK

Can't change password after attempted logins

Keep getting Sky email login verification codes sent to my phone after, apparently, my password was part of a data breach a while ago. Happily the 2-step verification is doing its job as this scumbag can't access my emails thanks to it doing its job.

However, I'd love to change my password to something much more secure but no avenue I go down is yielding any results. I know how to change it, and I know which links to use (to save anyone wasting any typing energy), but one of 3 things happen:

1. I change the email via the security page, which gives me a 'password changed' message, but it immediately reverts to the original password.

2. I request a password reset email via the Sky login page 'forgotten password', but the email never arrives. I've tried this at least 10 times, and nothing has been sent to either email I have linked to the account.

3. I get a DNS error page.

This close to dumping Yahoo/Sky for email altogether. I mean, who charges a monthly fee for tech support and doesn't have a support email?

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Can't change password after attempted logins

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PeterDK wrote:
This close to dumping Yahoo/Sky for email altogether. I mean, who charges a monthly fee for tech support and doesn't have a support email?

Sky email is completely free, and there is certainly no monthly charge.

However, if you log in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details you should be able to set a security question, and use that as a method to change your password.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion