Discussion topic: Does Sky Yahoo delete historic emails automatically once they get to a certain age

This message was authored by mamamcvay This message was authored by: mamamcvay

Does Sky Yahoo delete historic emails automatically once they get to a certain age

I seem to be loosing old emails which I haven't deleted from my in box and keep them for reference etc.  does anyone know if old email are automatically deleted once they reach a certain age ? I've looked on my settings but can't find anything relevant 

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Does Sky Yahoo delete historic emails automatically once they get to a certain age

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No they don't (deliberately) delete emails from anywhere other than the Spam and Deleted folders.

How do you access your emails? Some POP clients remove emails from the Inbox after a set time.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Does Sky Yahoo delete historic emails automatically once they get to a certain age

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If these emails are not in your trash/junk folders then you might have been a victim of the Yahoo issue of emails that get removed for no apparent reason.

Have a read of this as it might be worth a try:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

If they are restored then it would be advisable not to store all your emails in your inbox, but instead set up separate folders to keep them in.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion