Discussion topic: 2 factor verification

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

2 factor verification

I logged into my email on my iPhone and it has set up 2 factor verification but it didn't show me a recovery code and I didn't get an email with recovery code.  How can I get this so I can switch it off? If I log in via yahoo and follow all the guides it doesn't give me the option of disabling as it is still saying it isn't setup

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: 2 factor verification

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

I logged into my email on my iPhone and it has set up 2 factor verification 

What ever you have setup, it doesn't sound like Sky's implementaion of 2FA. I don't know iPhones, so I don't know if they have some 2FA of their own.

If you log in here: https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email does it send you a verification code, or are you asked to set if up?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I'm not even sure if, or how, Sky's 2 step login option would be presented to you via an iPhone mail app.

Topic Author

It's when I log in via an internet browser, it came up with a message saying setup or maybe later I accidentally pressed setup but it didn't give me a recovery code now everytime I log in it wants to send a verification code to a number, I just want to be able to remove this action

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You will need to supply your mobile number so it can send the verification code and when it does make a not of the recovery code (and don't lose it).

To turn off 2FA sign in with the recovery code so at the login select "can't sign in with the code" link. You'll then be asked for the recovery code.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Topic Author

I have done that and get a verification code but still no recovery code not via phone, screen display or email.

@Anonymous wrote:

It's when I log in via an internet browser, it came up with a message saying setup or maybe later I accidentally pressed setup but it didn't give me a recovery code now everytime I log in it wants to send a verification code to a number, I just want to be able to remove this action

I'm afraid that makes no sense. As @caesarome posted you have to provide a mobile number in order to set up 2 step login otherwise the setup cannot complete., Once you've done that the Recovery Code is automatically displayed on screen and a copy sent to your email address.

Topic Author

I did provide an phone number and I do get verification codes but what I haven't got is a recovery code it didn't display on screen or get emailed to me.  I don't want the verification on anymore but without the recovery code I can't turn it off but I never received one

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

I was going to add the following post:

As @Mark39 says, if you don't supply your telephone number during the setup, and give it the verification code sent, and tick a box to say you have saved the recovery code, it won't be setup.

However, I've just tried it and even though I didn't tick the box to say I'd saved the code (I just closed the browser down and started again), it had been setup, so another fail for Sky's implemetation of 2FA. 

Still you would have needed to do the other actions

The recovery code had fortunately been sent to the email by then, so I was still able to turn it off.

@Anonymous does anyone else have access to your email and password, could they have set it up?

Edit: Whilst I was composing this reply the OP appears to have left the forum, so that was a waste of time.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@jayach wrote:

Edit: Whilst I was composing this reply the OP appears to have left the forum, so that was a waste of time.

Frustrating isn't it, I presume they have sorted it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@jayach wrote:

However, I've just tried it and even though I didn't tick the box to say I'd saved the code (I just closed the browser down and started again), it had been setup, so another fail for Sky's implemetation of 2FA. 

Still you would have needed to do the other actions

The recovery code had fortunately been sent to the email by then, so I was still able to turn it off.

Not entirely robust, then....

If the OP is still monitoring the thread, Sky's guide here may help if you've lost the Recovery Code: https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-yahoo-mail/two-step-verif/articles/two-step-verification

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion