Discussion topic: Ramin Djawadi

This message was authored by ladyboss This message was authored by: ladyboss

Ramin Djawadi

Can I just give a huge mention to the composer of the music for house of the dragon and game of thrones.

I feel the programmes would not have had such a huge impact without his fantistic mesmerising music.

I think he has a real skill for bringing the whole series to life and making us feel so many emotions.

I just wanted to mention him as a lot of the composers get overlooked and they are an integral part of the show

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Ramin Djawadi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Would you have preferred he composed new theme music for House of the Dragon, rather than them reusing the theme tune from GOT?

I think they could have redone the music a bit. What comes to mind is something like they did in The Wire, where the theme song was the same song every season but in a different musical style, which i think would have worked well to differentiate it a bit more from GOT.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

ladyboss
Topic Author

No I am glad he used game of thrones music it is most fitting. The incidental music is what is most brilliant, you are watching and are nit even aware hiw the music is setting the scene 

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Enjoyed his work even more after Pacific Rim, which came out after a couple of seasons of Game of Thrones had aired and was a totally different direction.

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S
ladyboss
Topic Author

He is a brilliant composer

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Game of Thones theme was pleasant and kind of dramatic, agree it fitted well.

Fine that it carries over well for House of the Dragon.

Often, within many a film and TV series these days, the music drones and spoils the flow of dialogue.

But found both in Game of Thrones and now House of the Dragon, the mix has worked well.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion