Discussion topic: sky err connection timed out Errors

This message was authored by Gurdz50 This message was authored by: Gurdz50

sky err connection timed out Errors

I am regularly seeing "err connection timed out" when using deviced connected to either wifi or LAN on SKY broadband.

Once the sites evemtually load after a random amount of time, its typically fine and stable for the rest of the day. This is a daily issue, I often reboot the Sky router as well as the Openreach white box. 

Interestingly TV streaming services do not time out nor have connection timeout issues. 

However all devices (PC, mobiles) have issues loading sites & apps with timeout errors. 

All options on the router remain as defaulted, I am using Chrome on Windows and a mix of apple / android devices. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: sky err connection timed out Errors

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there Gurdz50, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Gurdz50
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gurdz50 This message was authored by: Gurdz50

Hi this is still an open issue and becoming very frustrating as my Internet is very temremental. Surely this is down to some form of setting / configuration 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion