Discussion topic: problems with connections to twitch or xbox

This message was authored by chris00132 This message was authored by: chris00132

problems with connections to twitch or xbox

is anybody having this issue it was fine about an hour ago and now nothing is connecting to anything ive tried restarting my wifi and also tried restarting my pc nothing has worked and now ive booted up my xbox and that isnt connecting either 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: problems with connections to twitch or xbox

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@chris00132  What colour are the lights on your router and are any of them not on at all?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
chris00132
Topic Author
This message was authored by chris00132 This message was authored by: chris00132

they are all green but then when i load it up on m,icrosoft edge it mentions something about sky shield but nothing is blocked its literally only just started doing this 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@chris00132  Have you tried switch broadband shield off or is it already off to see if this sorts out the problem?

chris00132
Topic Author

well i live at my gf's moms house and she has never activated it literally only just happened today about 2 hours as i said before she has never activated anything so it shouldnt be activated

@chris00132  Broadband shield is set by default to PG-13 on all broadband accounts. It is up to the customer what setting they would like to have this at depending on who is in the household.

To find broadband shield you would need to login to my account, click on the broadband & talk tab and you then click on broadband shield.

chris00132
Topic Author

yeah but the thing is this has never happened before everything else works bar twitch and it working on my xbox discord is working for me youtube and everything else

@chris00132  I know there was a routing issue today and some apps and devices where unable to connect. But this has been resolved either with a re-boot of the router. Is this the only device that is having this issue?

chris00132
Topic Author

yes these two devices are only having the issue but what i dont get is that they were fine earlier but then i just died and hasnt fixed itself yet 

@chris00132  Are these devices able to get anything internet related or is just what you have said is the issue?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion