Discussion topic: moving home

This message was authored by craig3408 This message was authored by: craig3408

moving home

ive informed sky i am moving next month, but just been told there is no telephone socket in property, does anyone know if sky will put socket in property of the day ive informed them as i need internet for  work and my sky glass

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: moving home

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@craig3408 

Could you enter your new full postal address in the link below and post the table and notes after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
craig3408
Topic Author

why do u need my address uumm 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@craig3408 

Hence why i said post after removing your address

The bt link will tell us whats available at that address and hence  what equipment needs installed

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@craig3408 wrote:

why do u need my address uumm 

Thats not what we are asking for, perhaps you need to read @cookiemonsteruk  request again, specifically the bit about removing your address details?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@craig3408 

The BT Wholesale result shows whether provisioning at the address will be on copper or optical, and can highlight potential issues with the latter which may provide an indication of timescale.

'Sky' (like other ISPs) relies on Openreach to actually carry out the work required.

Particularly for working from home, it's best to have an alternative connection method (such as a cellular router) available: there's no guarantee service can be provided on a date convenient to you.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
craig3408
Topic Author

Re:mobile internet

it would look like its goin g to be a nitemare getting phone socket installed at my new property, ANY RECCOMENDATIOS WHAT THE BEST MOBILE INTERNET DEVICE IS BEST NEED GOOD AS I HAVE SKY GLASS TO RUN AND ADVICE PLEASE

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Re:mobile internet

@craig3408 

A mains-powered cellular router, either unlocked or from which ever cellular network you choose that offers good coverage (preferably 5G) and a generous or unlimited data volume.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion