Discussion topic: iPhone 15 lagging when connected to sky WiFi max

This message was authored by Luke1308 This message was authored by: Luke1308

iPhone 15 lagging when connected to sky WiFi max

Anyone else have to turn their WiFi off to get fast loading on their iPhone 15?? Get a much faster experience on 4/5G than home wifi

I have sky glass and work from home with no WiFi issues, sky and Ookla test show good strength, just on my iPhone the response is so slow! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3 Answer

Re: iPhone 15 lagging when connected to sky WiFi max

@Luke1308 

It is quite a common issue with Sky Wireless probably the result of AI assistance that classifies mobile devices as requiring little or no bandwidth to achieve the required performance necessary for daily use. And the fact that wireless is a shared medium for those in the neighbourhood has little speed availability, so it's shared among your house and everyone within a 500-metre radius. So, the AI says we need to share it among your devices and everyone else in range...

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3 Answer

Re: iPhone 15 lagging when connected to sky WiFi max

@Luke1308 

It is quite a common issue with Sky Wireless probably the result of AI assistance that classifies mobile devices as requiring little or no bandwidth to achieve the required performance necessary for daily use. And the fact that wireless is a shared medium for those in the neighbourhood has little speed availability, so it's shared among your house and everyone within a 500-metre radius. So, the AI says we need to share it among your devices and everyone else in range...

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion