Discussion topic: i will be installing slabs and need to let you know as part of council permissions

This message was authored by tony+quince This message was authored by: tony+quince

i will be installing slabs and need to let you know as part of council permissions

This has to be the most frustrating company of all the stakeholders ive had to deal with.

PLEASE! Can i have an email contact as I need to let you know that we will be installing some dropped kerbs in an area that may or may not have cables of yours directly underneath the area in question.

It really should not this hard to make contact with a telecommunications company. Very, very frustrating!

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: i will be installing slabs and need to let you know as part of council permissions

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tony+quince 

It's likely that you'll need to engage with Openreach as they'll be the company that own the infrastructure that may be under the ground. Sky only lease the line(s); Openreach are the ones that'll need to be updated. 

You could try this link for help

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: i will be installing slabs and need to let you know as part of council permissions

@tony+quince My previous reply I assume has been caught in the spam filter, it should appear again in a few hours. 
You could try Openreach https://www.openreach.com/building-developers-and-projects/locating-our-network 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@tony+quince wrote:

It really should not this hard to make contact with a telecommunications company. 

As indicated above, Sky, like most ISPs, does not lay, own or maintain the in-pavement or overhead cabling upon which it rents capacity to deliver internet and streaming television services: that's all the property of BT Wholesale / Openreach.  This being the case, Sky has no need to maintain a dedicated point of contact for communication with developers.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion