Discussion topic: help

This message was authored by chris878 This message was authored by: chris878

help

When I set up my Tp link vr2800 it auto selects AnnexA/L.

Why does it select Annex L? I am on fttc.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: help

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@chris878 

Can you post your hub stats

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

Annexe L is extended range adsl that allows for ranges of up to 7km from the exchange

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@chris878 

After checking stats from a previous post i would reckon tp link is auto detecting a combination of annexes that includes A which is the one openreach sync up on and L would be redundant

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

chris878
Topic Author

I have a vr400 tp link router. I connected this up, and it dident use Annex L in its dsl settings. It only used Annex A.

On top of that I noticed slightly faster uplaod and download speeds.

But this router has NAT acceleration enabled by default. If I disable it speeds return similar to that of the vr2800!.

So I am not sure which router is more compatible with openreach.

I think I might just go and buy a Draytek router instead, because it says on the specifications it is openreach supported.

@chris878 

The modem side of each hub should be exactly the same. 

chris878
Topic Author

seems that NAT acceleration speed up the broadband speed.

@chris878 wrote:

seems that NAT acceleration speed up the broadband speed.

By cutting down on cpu usage rather than anything related to the modem or annexe. How fast is the vr400 with nat acceleration in comparison to the vr2800 .  It appears to be more beneficial to speeds over 100Mbps which openreach doesn't support on vdsl lines

@chris878 

More about NAT acceleration

https://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-is-nat-acceleration-495#:~:text=NAT%20Acceleration%20is%20a%20se....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion