Discussion topic: cannot change router password as saying 'Your connection to this site is not private'

This message was authored by Terrileigh1 This message was authored by: Terrileigh1

Re: cannot change router password as saying 'Your connection to this site is not private'

I have this exact same issue trying to login to mine because it's saying weak security on my phone Wi-Fi iv tried everything 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: cannot change router password as saying 'Your connection to this site is not private'

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Terrileigh1 Apple have a warning about security as the router is not offering a wpa3 secured connection.

. Sky hubs in common with well over 95% of routers in use only offer wpa2 wifi security. The new standard is indeed better but requires new chips so perhaps not surprisingly Sky are not junking 6 million working routers. Wpa2-psk is considered reasonably secure so unless you are a target of an organised crime syndicate or have upset a state security agency there is little to worry about.. 

If you want a WPA3 compatable router Sky will offer you their Wifi Max router at an additional fee but given almost certainly your other devices only support wpa2 it is not going to make much difference.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Terrileigh1 This message was authored by: Terrileigh1

Thankyou for this I have no idea about all the technical aspects and details i noticed the mcafee issue in my sky app and then started getting this on my phone and went into panic mode, so tried to login an it wouldn't let me , I'm still not able to login in an change my password though for piece of mind 

This message was authored by kumar007 This message was authored by: kumar007

Hi I have the same issue

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kumar007 as posted earlier these security warnings are nothing to worry about as the page you are trying to connect to can only be accessed from inside your network. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion