Discussion topic: Wrong address on by wholesale

This message was authored by TiggerRachel This message was authored by: TiggerRachel

Wrong address on by wholesale

Hope someone can help as Sky can't resolve on the phone. 

So I have been with sky broadband (no tv) for 7 years and I'm looking to move to a better deal elsewhere but no provider will quote. The reason why is that on bt wholesale address checker my broadband is registered to a house name slightly different from mine (same postcode). Sky says my address is correct on their systems and can't help. 

Can anyone help me get this resolved (with OpenReach I presume) please?

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Wrong address on by wholesale

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TiggerRachel 

Normally discrepancies like differences between openreach and sky addresses are dealt with via your current isp filling out an ORDI (OpenReach Database Integrity ) form

Which holds the correct address Openreach or Sky?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@TiggerRachel 

The title does say Bt wholesale has it wrong

Use the form below using the "other" from the dropdown menu and explain the situation ie sky has the right address and OR has the wrong and ask them to ammend it to the correct address

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

The weird thing is that you already have broadband

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
TiggerRachel
Topic Author
This message was authored by TiggerRachel This message was authored by: TiggerRachel

Re: Wrong address on bt wholesale

Thank you. Will try that form now

TiggerRachel
Topic Author

Re: Wrong address on bt wholesale

Response from OpenReach as follows:

Thank you for your enquiry

​​​​​​The address will need to amended by something called the ORDI robot. The service provers are all aware of this. Please can i ask you contact your chosen provider who in turn will arrange the amendment via this robot. Once done you will be able to do your broadband switch. 

Anyone know how I can get Sky to do this? Thanks!!

TiggerRachel
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk 

Reply from OpenReach :

The address will need to amended by something called the ORDI robot. The service provers are all aware of this. Please can i ask you contact your chosen provider who in turn will arrange the amendment via this robot. Once done you will be able to do your broadband switch. 

How do I get Sky to do this? 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@TiggerRachel it is normally done by the gaining provider not the current isp as they have no issue to sort. However you can call Sky and ask but I suspect customer services may not be able to help. 

Suspect you would have to call the ISP you want to use to start this off as the online systems wont work. Some isps are more willing to work to get customers than others so you may have to ask a number. With BT Retail using their forum has worked in the past as their moderators had "contacts" but my knowledge is a few years old.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion