Discussion topic: Wifi- pon light off

This message was authored by AdrianLuk This message was authored by: AdrianLuk

Wifi- pon light off

Hello! I am being told my sky connection isn't set up properly and we have had no internet all week. I wonder if someone could help. Please see attached pictures for the set up I didn't think it had been unplugged or changed. 

IMG_9734.jpeg

IMG_9730.jpeg

IMG_9732.jpeg

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Wifi- pon light off

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AdrianLuk it is nothing to do with  your set up the red PON light means the ONT is not receiving a signal which is why your connection is down. It needs reporting to Sky so they can get Openreach to find the problem and sort it.

To help you do that I am escalating your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

By the looks of it the lead in the o,n, t look like they might be  in the wrong way,my green ended lead is in the left hand side & the white  ended 1 is in the right hand side, you photo  show them the other way around try carefully  switching them around see if that does anything,  if not ring sky and ask for an engineer  to visit 

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

For get that my open reach o,n,t box is newer than yours so forget  what  I said sorry

AdrianLuk
Topic Author

Thanks but they are in the right slots!

IMG_9731.jpeg

AdrianLuk
Topic Author

Thanks very much

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@peter-marlow+1966 

The optical jack is SC APC, not the RJ45 used by ethernet: there's no way to get those connections in the 'wrong' socket as they just won't fit.  The white connection is the power supply over a barrel plug and also impossible to get wrong.

F1-3072-001_a1cb9de9-3ae5-4660-94f8-5bcc36dbb701.jpeg

RJ45-connectors_666abd9e-ea3e-4084-ace3-ee086eb4c968.jpg

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

I did say my box is different  to  your  one, open reach  installed  my o, n,t  box in January  of this year  and looks like it might  be  a  newer one  to yours as my power lead is on the left of my box ethernet cable  is  in the middle and the fibre optic cable  is  on the right, sky gigafast broadband 

This is my o,n, t that's  why I got confused with the  leads

1000010034.jpg

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion