Discussion topic: Wifi help.

This message was authored by scottishscouser This message was authored by: scottishscouser

Wifi help.

Hi there, Speeds to the router is 32 mbps. Which is my guranteed speed. Wifi is 5 mbps. Been fine up until today. 

Router has plenty of space, I have turned it off and turned it on again and no improvement. 

Any suggestions please the router is the newish one. Stands up, 4 ethernet ports. Comes part of the boost charge. 

Kids not happy as the wifi is so slow. Thanks.

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Wifi help.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@scottishscouser 

The noise is on the high side for your guarantee so ask for a line test with a view to another openreach visit which hopefully will result in another dlm reset but more importantly a check on the condition of the line

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@scottishscouser 

Can you post your hub stats

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

scottishscouser
Topic Author
This message was authored by scottishscouser This message was authored by: scottishscouser

Screenshot_20220428-144420_Chrome.jpg

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@scottishscouser 

If your guarantee is 32Mbps then contact sky on 150 from your landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

This may only give you a 40Mbps connection due to your guarantee. Whether or not the extra 9Mbps will make a difference is up for debate but if its a gaming console of tv we would advise an ethernet connection

scottishscouser
Topic Author

Hi there, If I call sky what am i asking for. They sent an engineer around a few months back inclu openreach he reset dlm an sadi the line is on the max speed as we are up a hill. 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@scottishscouser 

The noise is on the high side for your guarantee so ask for a line test with a view to another openreach visit which hopefully will result in another dlm reset but more importantly a check on the condition of the line

@scottishscouser 

Any joy ?

This message was authored by SteveIrish80 This message was authored by: SteveIrish80

Good evening all. 

I've just upgraded my phone from iPhone 11 Pro to iPhone 14 pro on Sky. Since the upgrade I've noticed that my watch doesn't sync and nor does my hearing aid. Not only that, I'm at a conference this weekend and everyone else can get onto the building WiFi but when I try it keeps saying it's not connected. Slightly frustrating when a new phone doesn't work properly. Any help greatfully received. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion