Discussion topic: Wifi has been down for nearly a week

This message was authored by RobertJ02 This message was authored by: RobertJ02

Wifi has been down for nearly a week

I have reported the issue on x (twitter) to the Sky Help Team who basically told me to check if it was down in my area which it is, but its been down nearly a week and it only seems to be my address as no one else has an issue.

I cant find help anywhere. Can anyone here help?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Wifi has been down for nearly a week

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RobertJ02 

To make sure Sky know (so they can pass the fault to Openreach) I suggest giving them a call. 

This link outlines auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
RobertJ02
Topic Author
This message was authored by RobertJ02 This message was authored by: RobertJ02

I have tried calling them, just an automated message saying they are aware of an issue in my area, press 1 to recieve a text when its fixed.

so i couldnt really report it?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RobertJ02 to ensure that the issue is properly recorded so you get compensation paid I have escalated your post to a Sky team who will invitecyou onto a chat session through the forum where a chat icon will be added.

It is unlikely tey can tell you when the fault will be fixed  as Openreach probably don't know themselves and almost certainly have not told Sky if they do. There will be a lot of faults currently in areas which had the recent deluge so systems are very busy.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by GSTEIN This message was authored by: GSTEIN

Which area are you in?

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @RobertJ02 an invite to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion