Discussion topic: Wifi dropping out

This message was authored by mwf74 This message was authored by: mwf74

Wifi dropping out

Since Oct when Virgin installed their cables in my street I have had constant signal drop outs, mostly at similar times of the day. May be a coincidence?? I have had an alternative router which did not resolve the issue. I have had 4 Openreach engineers out plus dozens of calls to Sky about this. At this time I have literally had enough and considering cancelling after being a customer for 14 years. I have never had problems like this before. Any advice or similar issues with anyone. Very frustrated.....

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Wifi dropping out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mwf74 cancelling with Sky and switching to any other isp using the Openreach cables means the issue will move to the new supplier. You could go with Virgin if you are out of contract or complain to Sky who are likely to release you from contract if they can't sort the issue. Note Sky have far lower complaint levels than Virgin according to Ofcom see https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/telecoms-and-pay-tv-compl...

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
mwf74
Topic Author

@Chrisee thanks for reply. I was going to go with Virgin but their prices are silly. Its now and again it will drop and come back on, bout 2 or 3 times a day. Bearable I suppose but annoying. As mentioned this started when Virgin installed their cables in my street so I think they may have damaged something but its proving it. Im done with ringing Sky as they just keep sending engineers. If it gets worse I will have no option to go with Virgin as Sk y doesnt do full fibre in my areas

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mwf74 your problem is not with Sky but with Openreach who own and operate the network Sky and tge other isps use. If you post your hub's stats simebody msy be able to duagnose the issue . See Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
mwf74
Topic Author

Can anyone advise?

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 123:24:31

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 34257 47282 0 117797 978793 00:03:56 LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 7596069 3957010 0 848 0 123:22:56 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 464202262 289051022 0 0 0 122:49:43

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed (Kbps) 35000 5597 Line Attenuation (dB) DS1:22.2    DS2:60.6    DS3:84.6 US0:8.5    US1:48.5    US2:0.0 Noise Margin (dB) DS1:9.0    DS2:9.1    DS3:0.0 US0:6.1    US1:6.2    US2:0.0
This message was authored by Dooth This message was authored by: Dooth

Love to know if anyone find a solution to this. Each eveing we notice around 7:30 when we flick over to Netflix, our internet drops. We have to keep resetting the box (which is what Sky Virtual help tells you to do). it works like most things when you turn it off and back on but I don't fancy making it my ritual every evening. Working from home is becoming tring as well, half way in the middle of a message or call the line drops out for no reason... Last one was today at 15:34... 

Maybe someone on this community that work for Sky can give us a straight answer to the issues. Been with Sky over 25 years now and slowly looking to ditching it's service as I see no real benefit with all the other options at our door step.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion